Katarina...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Knar Africa

10-23-2012

Help with Katarina please. I can farm excellently and get sufficient kills, but i want to learn some more advanced mechanics and tactics to get even better. Thanks!

Hirumonogatari

10-23-2012

i still feel that the best way to get good with kat is to simply not level your ult. of course, don't do this in ranked, but it's the best way to practice in normals and bot games.

make full use of kat's passive and do not rely on your ult. that makes all the difference between a good kat and a mediocre one.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
i still feel that the best way to get good with kat is to simply not level your ult.
What the f**k?

A good kat is the one that can use ultimate well, it deals insane damage.

Tr

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
What the f**k?

Ken,
I think what he means it to be a good kat dont be rely on kat's ult to get you kills.
Purely because it interupted

GingerBeardMan

10-23-2012

A good kat can land her ulti at the beginning of a fight and then have it up for the end of it too!

Ur little sister

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
What the f**k?

Ult dmg gets nerfed by 33% --> now deals insane dmg...
I don't even...

Anyway, as far as I know / have seen, Katarina since the remake is a champion that doesn't really have specific mechanics to learn. Learn that shunpo places you behind your ennemy, learn ranges and the casting time on your Q, learn to predict bounces.

Learn to hop to wards to escape, or shunpo to dodge skillshots. Try not to use this though, as it puts shunpo on cooldown and essentially gives an opponent who knows Kat well the chance to shut your laning down for the cooldown of shunpo. This is because your lasthitting is virtually all melee, your opponent is NOT stupid enough to push the lane when playing against you, and not having shunpo means you can't hit your opponent with W, nor can you proc your Q's mark, meaning you can't possibly trade with him.

I guess the most advanced thing you could try doing is looking at the effectiveness of QEWR vs EQWR depending on matchup. I guess mobile opponents might not let you use the first one due to Q's casting time.

t3hep1cf47m4n

10-24-2012

Quote:
more advanced mechanics and tactics
Quote:
Katarina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNrK-n68CM

the most advanced thing you can ever figure out with her is when to jump out and ult ( which in itself is a fairly basic skill ). too early and you pretty much insta-die and contribute nothing due to getting interrupted. too late and everyone runs off and you contribute barely anything..