Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morde vs Fiora bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auryiel

10-23-2012

Should I have lost that?

After I got a few items (warden's mail, ninja tabi and thormail) she couldn't really kill me anymore and I could hold the tower, but I couldn't do anything to her. It was quite pathetic. Once she got that even a last whisper was not going through all that armor, they sent their Ziggs bot and, since I lacked the items to counter him all I could do was hold bot, which again was really annoying

Fiora just dove me at 6 with her ult and from there I had to stack armor... Any tips? I usually don't lose as Morde vs tanky dummies, but I've rarely felt that helpless

HaIfhearted

10-23-2012

Early Tabi is definitely the right call against an AD carry like Fiora, and Thornmail was another good choice, although I wouldn't have rushed it.
If I had to guess at a build for that situation, I would probably say Tabi/DFG/Thornmail/Void, but then again, that's just my educated guess at how you would build in that situation.

If by chance a guy named Nyx87 posts in here, pay attention to what he says.
He's a pretty good Morde bot player.

Hamm3rhand

10-23-2012

if you get some mpen in addition to the armor, that will help the thornmail actually show its damage. but i am surprised you lost the early game, as just standing in your minions and hitting her with all your abilities should have been enough to let you fight her i would have thought. I play fiora, not morde for ref, tho not bot lane. Then if you can keep her off your minions she can't lifesteal and is forced to fight you.

Auryiel

10-23-2012

Quote:
Hamm3rhand:
if you get some mpen in addition to the armor, that will help the thornmail actually show its damage. but i am surprised you lost the early game, as just standing in your minions and hitting her with all your abilities should have been enough to let you fight her i would have thought. I play fiora, not morde for ref, tho not bot lane. Then if you can keep her off your minions she can't lifesteal and is forced to fight you.

Well she could just dash towards me and hit me super hard with her early +15 AD, prospector's blade and AS boost. At level 3 she had around 110 AD. Note that I had no idea who I was up against in bot lane, so I just bought 2 amp tomes, boots and as many pots as I could(probably not the best start either). I simply couldn't trade with her even with my shield and almost died at level 3 because of her ignite.. I wanted to go Abyssal, Haunting Guise and DFG, but like I said after a while she simply went top and sent Ziggs in her stead and he could just kite me around all day with his Rylai's so all I did for the rest of the game was hold bot... I felt really useless

NavyGothic

10-23-2012

I wouldn't stress about it too much. Fiora (like other melee AD carries) is at her very best when fighting against enemy champions with no CC and no kiting; killing champions like Morde is what she's made for. Ziggs is one of the best stalemate bot laners; excellent range, easy wave clearing and extremely good at kiting.

Sometimes you just get bad matchups in blind pick. You can't carry every game, and you shouldn't expect to! As long as you're not losing bot 1v1, you're doing well enough.

ElementzPRO

10-24-2012

Morde should beat anyone 1 on 1

stack AP with deathfire

Recycled EU

10-24-2012

And proceed to die instantly to any bruiser with a gap closer / any hard CC. Good call ElementzPRO.

Volandum

10-24-2012

Quote:
XenDryks:
Well she could just dash towards me and hit me super hard with her early +15 AD, prospector's blade and AS boost. At level 3 she had around 110 AD. Note that I had no idea who I was up against in bot lane, so I just bought 2 amp tomes, boots and as many pots as I could(probably not the best start either).

There you have it. Vs fiora you need to start with doran's shields. You know that if you want to rush revolver you can start boots and nothing else, recall when you cap the point and buy your revolver?

Redenbacher

10-24-2012

That's a tough call, but I think you made some good decisions - however, I would have suggested something slightly different.

In my experience, one of Fiora's primary strengths is that with her ultimate, she effectively has a health reset button. It's also incredibly powerful in a 1v1 situation where there are no other targets for her to bounce to. You made the right call on Ninja Tabi and Thornmail, but I think instead of Warden's Mail (while a powerful item) I'd have invested in some more MPen - an incredibly valuable stat to Mordekaiser. You obviously weren't able to build Sorc Shoes, so Haunting Guise would have given you an MPen boost to give you that extra damage, and consequently more shield generated.

Also, Morello's Evil Tome properly timed would effectively remove Fiora's ability to regain HP through her ultimate when Ignite was on cooldown.

When Ziggs came down, Abyssal Scepter is the next obvious choice starting with the Negatron Cloak - but either way he'd stalemate the lane forever against you.

Most importantly, you did your job. You don't need to dominate bottom to win bottom - simply holding it is doing your team a service. If they can sneak in a few ganks throughout the game, then you're winning.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-24-2012

My question is, what was fiora's build? She can be built a few ways. I personally do a lifesteal build on here and end up with between 40-60% lifesteal, depending on if I build armor/mr or not. At which point, I'm pretty unkillable in a 1v1 situation, UNLESS you know, that other person has ignite/exhaust or an item that kills my lifesteal ability.