Is dominion dying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

10-29-2012

Haven't we been over this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BockNak View Post
Update : Dominion is still hardly played draft... why is this?
Short history:

When Dominion came out tons of people were playing lots of it and the better players learned that, hey, some of these champions break the game, and played draft.

A short while later, there was a bug in the system where if you dodged a game, you would get no penalty. People picked up on this and instantly dodged when they saw something they didn't like. A player they played with, a champion they thought was weak, or their favorite champion was banned, tons of reasons.

Because of this, people stopped playing draft due to having to ban and pick 5+ times before the game started.

When the dodge penalty bug was "fixed" it was already too late. It was dead. People tried to revive it but it never caught back on because everyone was used to the 1-2 minute queues. They didn't want to wait 50 minutes for a game to start. I think you can see where I'm going with this.

HaIfhearted

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BockNak View Post
Update : Dominion is still hardly played draft... why is this?
Queue times are really long for draft so people play blind instead, which makes the queue times for draft even longer so yada yada yada.

It's a catch 22 that won't be fixed at least until we get ranked.

CharNox

10-29-2012

I que dom because its faster and lets me trial my champ selections

BockNak

10-30-2012

I just doesn't make sense how 5x5 SR Draft is played so much, and dominion is just kind of trailing... maybe they should make a 3v3 (maybe the old map) and turn that into a 3v3 dominion type game, where the jungle holds the towers? Idk I'm just spit balling, but Dominion has to rise up again, it had a great start and a good idea, we the players need to keep it going, otherwise it was a waste...

Qc tinmoncriss

10-30-2012

i used to queue for dominion to try build or just for my first win of day if i don'T have time for a 5vs5.
Now twisted is better for this.