Please dont remove wards....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smileyssd

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMonigle View Post
When you stated you were a "Veteran Player," but I saw "Junior Member" on your forum tag I just had to look you up, and to no suprise your are 1029 ELO. I LoL'd so hard
elo has nothing to do with how good you are some people are really good at blind pick but not good in ranked (im normal at blind pick but i am really really bad at ranked games)

Boagster

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Use the Hextech Sweeper and Grez's Spectral Lantern. It's what they're there for.
This man speaks truth. So what, wards are getting removed? There is still one item, Grez's Spectral Lantern (I don't know if Hextech Sweeper will be in new TT), that serves the same purpose (giving you an early warning against a gank), but you just need a little map awareness to know when to use it. OH, NO! I need to rethink how I play a little!

CashanDraven

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeast King View Post
People need to understand what Riots aim is with 3's. I feel like leaving wards in the new TT just facilitates that low risk gameplay that is part of what is dragging 3's matches out longer than they should. I personally don't want 3's to be a miniature 5's. What they are aiming for is fast paced, high risk, high reward game play. Removing wards seems like one of the best ways to do that. Its going to cause the tides of the game to shift very rapidly resulting in shorter matches, and requiring more skill intensive gameplay. Map awareness will be a must, and players will have to rely more on their instincts, no safety nets. Seems epic to me.

For the most part this is fine, but in the new TT, certain champs can abuse the small jungle and lack of sight more than others.

Fiddlesticks is the prime offender, his long range, longer CC, and his stupidly long jump on his ultimate, make him hard to deal with. Why? You have extremely limited vision on all entrances to the jungle, and you're options for running are generally 2 lines, of which generally lead to his team. Also since the map is so small, his ult covers a huge amount of ground while he is chasing you. God forbid he grabbed a Rylai's.

Cobblejob

10-24-2012

banning wards allows the game to be more difficult. It makes pushing a calculated risk. Its much better then just warding red and being able to push without worry

Wuuthrad

10-24-2012

If any of you see Sam's livestream, you will see how stupid you sound saying people will be tower humping.

It never happens.

CashanDraven

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
This man speaks truth. So what, wards are getting removed? There is still one item, Grez's Spectral Lantern (I don't know if Hextech Sweeper will be in new TT), that serves the same purpose (giving you an early warning against a gank), but you just need a little map awareness to know when to use it. OH, NO! I need to rethink how I play a little!

They reveal stealth, not just outright reveal people. And both of those items are not good enough in terms of raw power to justify getting most of the time.

As it stands, Teemo is just going to have to be on your team the whole time.

Sacred Stride

10-24-2012

Please remove wards

Erïs

10-24-2012

I'll admit that I kind of gawked at the no wards comment for a minute at first, but then I was also thinking about the old map. I think that removing wards is an interesting change, but there are always other creative ways to stay jungle aware. After reading through some of the comments on this thread, I am kind of excited about not having wards to see how it effects gameplay. I do think that it will heavily lean in favor of certain champs, though, especially for blind pick players. At the same time, it will be the same bans all of the time in draft. Meh. I think it will be fun at first but I will most likely lose interest over time.