how do you become good with mordekaiser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowfang

10-23-2012

i know it is a dumb question but i just got him and for some reason i just cant understand how to play him

i never win mid lane, i last hit well with him but killing my opponent just doesnt happen and i am almost ALWAYS negative for kdr despite knowing how to play other ap's like tf

any tips on how to become a good morde?

Axzarious

10-23-2012

Morde has shorter range than most casters. He also depends heavily upon his health, and needs to be on a constant offensive to keep his shield up. I would reccoment, after getting boots, to get one or two regeneration pendants to help keep your health up (and later a force of nature). Then try to get some spellvamp with either WoTa or a gunblade. Those will work wonders for your sustain. Mordekaiser is slow, but he can also be increadibly durable with his passive, especially with his ult (Which in my experience pairs nicely with ignite.) Another note for his ult - it works just as well to give you some extra life to survive an attack as it does to ensure a kill.

Also, he does better top lane than mid lane in my personal experience.

marhod

10-23-2012

"You only need to click once,fool"

Normally I play Mord top lane rather than mid.

I go with the defensive masteries 9/21/0 for the tank-like defensive stats (extra health and regen) because his early game is prone to giving first blood to your opponent.

My runes are mainly flat armour or mr depending on who I am laning against, with some magic pen.

During laning I normally start boots 3 pots then go back for hextech revolver for the sustain in lane when i go back, and then move onto ap/tanky items depending on the team.

I found that he's good early game for his strong harass with his E. Just poke poke poke and poke your opponent down, never get greedy for kills. Just farm and get to 150 cs or more by 20 mins and I think the game should be well set.

Mord is a tanky ap,melee champ however he shouldn't be the tank that initiates. Don't pick Mord if your team doesn't have a good initiating tank/champ.

basically: Don't feed in lane, farm well with occasional pokes with your E (max E first). If you're struggling to survive max W over Q, normally I max e first then w ,q ,w,q,w,q...

Get defensive runes and try go for the tanky and better sustain masteries of 9/21/0. If you think you're getting better with morde you can try 20/10/0 masteries for extra aggressiveness.

don't be greedy with kills, if you plan to dive the enemy under their turret make sure you have enough health and dmg to kill and survive should you encounter cc whilst diving.

ignite and ult combo goes quite well.

That's how I've been playing Morde and it seems to be working out so far.

Amatzikahni

10-23-2012

Because of the way his shield works, Morde scales with resists. Zhonya's + Abyssal makes him really beefy while WotA/Gunblade and Rabadon's gives him amazing sustain + damage.

moomerator

10-23-2012

When I play as morde, most of my focus is on using my abilties not only to harass my opponent, but also on farming. This sounds extremely obvious, but this sort of "multi-tasking" pays off extremely well during morde's laning phase because, all of his abilities (other than his ulti) are aoe in some way or another which makes it possible for him to harrass and farm in one hit with each of his abilities. Another thing that I'd suggest is getting an early hextech revolver for the laning phase, since his abilities cost health, but do massive damage when used on a large group of minions, this can result in you actually gaining health by spamming your abilities (which is always fun). Overall in the laning phase, your job as morde is to get your passive shield up before they will have time to hit you with their abilties, therefore giving you the opportunity to take no real damage. Once the laning phase is over, the biggest job of morde (in my opinion) is to look non-threatenning and get his ulti on the target when they're getting low on health, that way the teamfight will be 4v6... if you can do this in a teamfight and then stay alive for atleast 5 seconds after you get your ghost, it's near impossible for your team to lose the fight. Another cool thing about morde is that if any champion ever gets over-zealous and tries to 1v1 him, he pretty much automatically wins if he has his ulti. His Q does extra damage if away from minions and his other abilities give him more shield in his passive if near minions so he has an edge whether or not in a lane full of minions or in the woods. His ulti doing massive damage and lifestealing also makes it incredibly difficult to kill morde 1v1 as long as he goes tanky-mage. (My personal preference in build is usually sorc shoes, WOtA, RotA, Ryalias, DC, just because of the sustain and balance between dmg output and beefiness it provides) The biggest trick with morde overall though, is to remember that you're a mellee caster with no real escapes, meaning that the enemy team is going to see you as easy+rewarding prey unless you either play very very safe or get enough health and get your shield up fast enough that they don't see you as a proper target.

Izzach

10-23-2012

learn to aim your E so that you hit the enemy champ but don't push your lane.
unless you see the enemy jungler bottom or somewhere else, then push the **** out of your lane.
morde is an amazing pusher but easy to gank.

and for the love of god dont go full tank morde ever. go a good mix of tankiness and AP.

you want to ghost (in most cases) the enemy AD carry in teamfights, learn to control pets in this game so you can have the ghost target next important targets in team fights.

MorikTheMad

10-23-2012

I don't think pushing your lane is all that bad as morde--quickly push the lane into your opponents tower (with a ward up, of course), and then while they are stuck last hitting under their tower, go steal their jungler's wraiths (more wards help--the wraiths ~2x during the ward will more than pay for it, and you get knowledge of their jungler, and more xp).

If your jungler doesn't need them, go get your wraiths too. An E->Q, auto attacks will finish them off pretty fast. If you won't need it soon, you can use your W to make it even faster (especially in their jungle, faster is better).

Note that unless you are in a low ELO, they will catch on to what you are doing very fast, so warding their jungle at approaches to you is very necessary.

Once you hit lvl 4, that is when you should start doing this.

if its too risky (you don't know where their jungler is, your wards are down, their jungler has good cc, etc), then stay in lane, and just take your own wraiths (if your jungler doesn't need them).

MrRecht

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Morde's a farmer and a pusher. You WANT to push your lane. You should get to the point where you push a wave, then go straight to your, or their, wraiths and take those. By the time you're done with wraiths the lane will have reset. Rinse and repeat while you make way more gold than the other mid.

If you do this they can't tell if you're doing wraiths or roaming, so you might be able to get some cheese kills off on other lanes as well. A farmed mord is a very happy mord.

I haven't really played much top mord, but I feel like it would work with golems/wolves depending on what side you're on. Have the jungle counter gank when you're pushed since it's obv. that they'll gank you.