AP or AD nidalee top

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crazy4u

10-23-2012

I was thinking of getting nidalee to play for top lane. Is she any good still? Obviously the world championship showed some good nidalees (Stanley). But i was wondering if it's better for ap or ad.

Gadesa

10-23-2012

There both good id say ad wins the lane really well but ap is really good for poke with her spears so she is good either way so play her as you wish id say.

Snakeblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Ap only has one strong and reliable skill being the spear but you have to have 500 ping to let that hit you when your concentrating in lane. Ad is a lot better for farm, clear and taking towers

RiotNyandalee

Operations Scrum Master

10-23-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hello!

I play Nidalee top all the time and definitely prefer going AD. I usually get Wriggles so that I don't have to remember buying wards later and warmogs to get the extra health to survive pretty much anything (think leading their entire team throughout the jungle for 5 minutes). I then build into AD items for increased damage.

While I'm sure I don't have the best build, I've found it is pretty effective.

I save AP for when I want to have some fun mid lane.

crazy4u

10-23-2012

How tanky is she? I would expect her to be pretty squishy but some nidalees I see are just insane... also they do pretty good dmg

Teuffel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Depends on who you are against.

Snakeblade

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4u View Post
How tanky is she? I would expect her to be pretty squishy but some nidalees I see are just insane... also they do pretty good dmg
Cougar form gives a lot of free resistance and she has a self heal thats great for sustain

Zerglinator

10-23-2012

A wild Nyandalee appeared!

ShurykaN

10-23-2012

Nidalee is amazing.

irspeshal

10-23-2012

AD nidalee (read: bruiser nidalee) is nearly impossible to gank or push out of lane. mobility is key and she has lots of it, plus bruiser nidalee plays into cougar's innate tankiness. (1 cougar ability and auto attack (+ AS steroid) scale off AD)

AP nidalee has crazy poke and can be a zoning terror mid/late game. not as powerful in lane because you're relying on cougar abilities more than harrassing auto attacks, but still can be powerful. (2 cougar and 3 caster abilities scale of AP)

both are viable. which is "better" really depends on your playstyle and team comp.