Help with ADC Positioning Plz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkH4708

10-23-2012

I usually try to stay back and wait for the nukes to get popped then I go in a bit closer and start blowing up champs. I play mostly Ashe, Ezreal, or Tristana. I have heard from some people my positions are good and from others they are horrible. Just really want an idea from some better players who could help me out.

Enfillyon

10-23-2012

this is a question i ask myself many times

i suggest getting replays and watching your games to see what you coudlve done better

many times the target you need to gun for isnt going to be the target most readily available so usually you start shooting another priority closest to you without putting yourself in danger

1 of 2 things happen when you do that

1) you either kill him and move on
2) you die and your team is left without their damage

positioning is a simple concept but hard to master and its harder to do when you have multiple high priority targets to kill on top of bruisers jumping on you

sometimes there just isnt a thing you can do, such as them begin too tanky or your team not having a good enough peel to keep you alive in which case either your team comp is at fault or your team is behind

AkH4708

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfillyon View Post
this is a question i ask myself many times

i suggest getting replays and watching your games to see what you coudlve done better

many times the target you need to gun for isnt going to be the target most readily available so usually you start shooting another priority closest to you without putting yourself in danger

1 of 2 things happen when you do that

1) you either kill him and move on
2) you die and your team is left without their damage

positioning is a simple concept but hard to master and its harder to do when you have multiple high priority targets to kill on top of bruisers jumping on you

sometimes there just isnt a thing you can do, such as them begin too tanky or your team not having a good enough peel to keep you alive in which case either your team comp is at fault or your team is behind
Yeah I usually just go for whoever is within range (if its the focus then obviously that otherwise whoever I can hit), once the nukes are burned I generally move up some and then start attacking strictly the focus. But you are right its usually one of those 2 options. Guess just gotta practice and watch game replays. Thanks!!

FaerellG

10-23-2012

As ranged AD, your priorities are thus:
1. Stay alive (dead carries do no damage)
2. Attack nearest threat
3. Attack squishiest threat

What constitutes a threat? Someone who can kill you or CC you such that you get killed.

So to that end, it means you hang back and poke at the nearest person (usually the tank). Once their tank has blown their CC, you can push past them and hit other things. However, once that cooldown comes back up, you need to get out.

jmgr4y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

It also depends a lot on how well your team can peel the tank/bruiser off of you. If your team just goes all-in every team fight and never stays back to protect their carries, you can expect to die 5-10 times regardless of how well you position yourself.

It only takes a fed carry/bruiser 3-5 HITS to kill a squishy carry especially if you're ignited.