Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think if the aura

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

10-23-2012

Did 8% magic penetration and 35% healing reduction instead?

Better for mages now?

Nyx87

10-23-2012

The aura is nothing more than a bandaid fix for what should have been fixed by itemization. Want to spam abilities without running out of mana? Buy X item. Want to hit harder? buy X item.

The aura needs to go.

FDru

10-23-2012

I hate just about everything about the aura. The spell pen kind of makes up for the spell pen casters lost with the mastery changes (and they're still weak overall, with only a few exceptions), but other than that it's all unnecessary.

Free mana and armor pen just makes a lot of champs more of a problem than they should be... especially the mana regen. The heal debuff is pointless, no healers are OP and the strong "sustain" champs are getting their power from infinite mana more than from their heals.

The aura needs to go.

Risemix

10-23-2012

Agree the aura should go.

However its removal could be supplemented with more prospector's items. +ArPen item, +MPen item, etc.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-23-2012

The game mode is based on quick game play. That means more damage faster. That's why healing is reduced (healing champs & life steal champs). That's why Banshee's and Warmogs are gone. That's why the mana regen is there to keep you active and fighting without having to base after every fight.

No thanks. Keep the aura! Buff it more!

Tempestphile

10-23-2012

Quote:
FDru:
I hate just about everything about the aura. The spell pen kind of makes up for the spell pen casters lost with the mastery changes (and they're still weak overall, with only a few exceptions), but other than that it's all unnecessary.

Free mana and armor pen just makes a lot of champs more of a problem than they should be... especially the mana regen. The heal debuff is pointless, no healers are OP and the strong "sustain" champs are getting their power from infinite mana more than from their heals.

The aura needs to go.

well, with passive gold gain, ADC can easily snowball to a stance where they can lifesteal the whole world while kiting

but then you don't get passive exp, so the team who win fight 1 can snowball much better, hmm

BeefJerkyHunter

10-23-2012

I think that the armor penetration should be very reduced or removed.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-23-2012

There is nothing wrong with the armor penetration. I have Armor Pen runes on my AD characters and I still have a hard time against enemy champions that build armor until I get a LW.

HaIfhearted

10-23-2012

I'm on the fence about the armor pen, but I feel like the m.pen actually needs to be buffed.

I also like the mana regen from the aura, just because I can focus more on actually using my abilities for aggressive purposes instead of having to sit on them out of fear of OOMing.

Catnium

10-23-2012

I think the aura just makes it harder for riot to balance
it could be replaced by itemisation and a combination of adjusting starting gold as well
only thing they should keep is the healing reduction otherwise we'l get some crazy healing meta's and ..well ive been there when it was the meta in sr and im quite happy healers got nerfed to a point that stacking them is now just pointless because man those where some rather boring games back than..