Lore on...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wulfy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-23-2012

Ebonmaw eaten by Vilemaw, anyone expect lore here?

Anyone fully understand the shadow isles story?

DaRatmastah

10-23-2012

I think it's interesting that they've cast the light on the shadow isle again, since we really haven't had much lore from there before. I'm interested to see where they go with this, and I'd love to hear more about Ebonmaw vs. Vilemaw, since dragons have been made to appear pretty badass in the LoL universe and as such, Vilemaw must be pretty ridiculous.

I am curious though, since it's a League-sanctioned battlefield, are Ebonmaw and Vilemaw just toned-down magical clones, like Baron Nashor on SR? Or was Ebonmaw a toned-down clone, and Vilemaw some beastly spider thing that found its way onto the battlefield without the League noticing and wiped-out the Ebonmaw clone, and was allowed to just stay there? Was Vilemaw the spider monster from Elise's lore, and as such, did she lead all those people to a League battlefield to be murdered? Or is Vilemaw a clone of the spider monster from her lore, which lives in an entirely different location on the shadow isles? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Tjihyana

10-23-2012

I believe according to lore, the new Twisted Treeline and the old Twisted Treeline are two different places. So, Elise could have taken those men and women to Vilemaw since it was not a League arena back then. I could be wrong, but I've heard often it being said that the original TT is in Zaun and different from the new TT in Shadow Isles.

DaRatmastah

10-23-2012

But then why is Ebonmaw's skeleton in Vilemaw's lair?

maxterdexter

10-23-2012

Did they said that they were going to retcon the Twisted Treeline, or just move it?

One implies a rewrite, the other the acomplishment of part of Maokai's goal to protect the forest, (or it's complete destruction)

Hideous Z

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRatmastah View Post
But then why is Ebonmaw's skeleton in Vilemaw's lair?
Because continuity isn't high on the lore team's priority list anymore. I would be surprised to see an explanation of the move from Valoran to the Shadow Isles. The new TT map is really fun to play, and it looks really cool. It's a great piece of game design and visual design. Creative design? It could be I guess if it didn't trample all over so much good stuff that already existed.