Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elise support builds.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KatuXiK

10-23-2012

For some reason I can't seem to build Elise for damage. AP, AP/AS, AP/AD/AS, just doesn't matter, can't kill anything. Then I see multiple Elise's with CDR boots, 2 or 3 GP5 items, and a blasting wand; they kill everything in sight!

I'm curious why it seems building an AP nuker just sucks.

Edit: How in the world is it even logical to downvote me for this? Are confusion and frustration -taboo- or something?

KesslerCOIL

10-23-2012

She just doesnt scale well enough on her Q and her W's heal.
Apart from that she's fine.

zomgnowai

10-23-2012

50 ap per 1% q dmg...not sure how much per W heal, i just know its not good enough....the AP nuker build doesnt really work, because you only have 2 real skills (spider jump isnt really "nuke-esk&quot

imo, heres how its done. if the enemy is tanky or tanky dps, go ap nuker. if the enemy team is tanky or slow, go ap/as. if the enemy team are a bunch of carrys, go tanky dps. if the enemy team are mages (for some reason) go ad carry (or tanky dps)

tbh, elise has massive viability. she can fill any role, and she can participate in every lane. i would say aside from her, only about 5 or 6 champs can do that.

Prince Kassad

10-23-2012

From another thread on a similar topic:

Quote:
Prince Kassad:
Have you tried Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi, Rod of Ages, Wit's End, and Guinsoo's Rageblade? Because I feel like a pretty big damage threat when I play her and that was the most recent build I tried. Also, Warwick has some of the "crappiest" ratios in the game and his single target damage is damn good, even late game. Low ratios don't guarantee low damage. Her low cooldowns, sticking power, and insane attack speed should be what to consider when itemizing, not her AD or AP ratios (or lack thereof).

The best items on her are the ones that grant you benefits from spamming spells or landing lots of attacks. I haven't had a problem dealing damage with her.

Mmimzy

10-23-2012

Champions with multi forms will always turn out to be a bruiser. nidalee turned bruiser and jayce is the same. The problem is that each abilities effectiveness is split between two forms. If one of those forms is centered around melee, then no ranged, ap/ad build will be able to take full advantage of their kit with out getting trashed. Only a tanky Melee can use both the ranged and melee components to their kit, because melee has to build tanky so that they dont die so fast that they can't apply their damage..

So top lane and jungle seem best. As for gold per 5; GP5 items do not label you as being support. Jungle and top laners who are strong enough early game with out items can choose not to buy any early items and get GP5 to make them stronger later game by about 1k gold per 5GP depending on how long you keep it and if you sell it.

With both of these things considered you have to make a choice in how to build her and this comes from looking at her specific kit and what you want to do. We know she is half melee so not building tanky will negate half your damage. So she needs some tnak. Additional her spider form does alot of damage all game long and lets her keep up with champs with a few kills under thier belts. So GP5 is more than worth getting:

Being tanky means we need atleast 1 MR item, 1 ad items, and 1 hp item (that can be one of the other two). From there we can build utility/damage.

For items we have to note our lane. If we are top lane we will have alot of gold, we can we can get. So expensive items that cost 3k will be finished for sure before the laning phase ends. So expensive items like Lich bane, zonya, crystal scepter, RoA, and Omen are all options. This lane is probably your best bet to be an AP caster because the items to do this role effectively are very expensive. How ever Lich bane and zonya haven o health on them, so while you might think they'll make you tanky.... you might end up abit disappointed.

Jungle requires you to be frugal in your item build. You wont get as much gold for alot of reasons. If you die you miss out on alot of gold, and most likely you died while trying to gank thus you were already losing gold. The jungle just doesn't pump as much gold into your pocket as a lane does. So 2k items you know you can finish before the laning phase ends is best. Frozen heart, Spirit visage, A. scepter, Shurelya, and ageis of legion, and phage. These items provide tankyness, and damage through CDR or AD and are very inexpensive and extremely cost effective items that help your team as well. Even though these items seem lack luster, you'll still be a killy beast.

Support i haven't tried, but i'd assume its like any other. Basicly try to build the jungle items.

BraumBackMountin

10-23-2012

First off... Build her AP and not with AS or ATK... that's just bad. She's an AP bruiser. So Rylai's, RoA, FH, Abyssal Sceptor, Hour Glass, Merc Treads. Could even maybe if you are fed pretty early say forget Abyssal, and get Rabadons, but I haven't seen a big difference except for early game advantage. Late game she does so much better with that item set. Items like malady, Guinsoo, nashor's.... is bad so don't build that on her...

People used to think the same builds were good on Diana.... and that was proven to be wrong too

zomgnowai

10-23-2012

Quote:
SupportOrFeedTHX:
First off... Build her AP and not with AS or ATK... that's just bad. She's an AP bruiser. So Rylai's, RoA, FH, Abyssal Sceptor, Hour Glass, Merc Treads. Could even maybe if you are fed pretty early say forget Abyssal, and get Rabadons, but I haven't seen a big difference except for early game advantage. Late game she does so much better with that item set. Items like malady, Guinsoo, nashor's.... is bad so don't build that on her...

People used to think the same builds were good on Diana.... and that was proven to be wrong too

so basically just build ap and mash her % dmg Q's...you should just TL;DR that.

BraumBackMountin

10-23-2012

Quote:
zomgnowai:
so basically just build ap and mash her % dmg Q's...you should just TL;DR that.

Eh... I wouldn't go that far....

Exacerberus

10-23-2012

She's not as viable as support as other uncommon champs that can support (Zyra, Fiddle, Naut, GP, LB, etc).
I see no point in taking her over Taric/Leona if you really want the stun (and mind that Elise has a linear skillshot, people can hide behind minions). Let's leave aside the other buffs/goodies the above mentioned champs grant. Elise in the support role is just subpar.

BraumBackMountin

10-23-2012

Quote:
Exacerberus:
She's not as viable as support as other uncommon champs that can support (Zyra, Fiddle, Naut, GP, LB, etc).
I see no point in taking her over Taric/Leona if you really want the stun (and mind that Elise has a linear skillshot, people can hide behind minions). Let's leave aside the other buffs/goodies the above mentioned champs grant. Elise in the support role is just subpar.

He doesn't mean support position... he means support as in help he just worded it funny. I misread it like that too