I need help with Caitlyn please :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Outlaw466

10-23-2012

I grew tired of ADC Ashe and Teemo. So I bought Caitlyn and I am trying my best to master her. But I can't seem to carry with her till end game.

I start off with doran's blade, and just last hit minions. I try not to harass much unless I have a good support. I get a good farm going but always seem to get ganked so much. I trap the bushes in case I need to retreat, I shoot my net to get some range and yet they still get me.

I get zerk greaves, BF sword (If I get 1-2 kills and decent farm I got right for IE), if were getting owned I work in a Wrigglers latern. my items consist of

Dorans>zerks> BF sword> IE or zeal > Vamp > BT > last whisper or BC > GA

End game I do okay, I do my best to keep good positioning but can never seem to get kills I only use my ulti if they are running away other than that I mostly basic attack for her passive. and Q when they are grouped.

I know it may seem like I am bad, but if anyone can help me with my Cait game I would appreciate it a lot! Items, positioning tips, focus, etc etc.

Thanks summoners!

revog

10-23-2012

You need to harass more, not even with your q but with your basic, abuse your range and passive. Use bushes for more passive stay back and just wittle them down. start boots.pots.

Notorious P I P

10-23-2012

Cait is a beast early game. When i get the buffed shot i always use it to harass. Also i have found boots amd pots to be easier to start with it allows good mobility.

Best advice i can give you is use your traps. Use of the traps is what separates a good cait from an average one. There are two basic principles for the traps. You can hide them in the bushes to deter ganks and the sort or you can use them to zone the enemy. Placing traps in the middle of the lane where the enemy carry needs to move around may seem not effective but watch what happens when they focus on avoiding the traps. I use the latter and place the traps in such a way to move the carry more towards the river for ganks.

Im not pro by any means but thats just a couple things that i do when i lane with cait. I use to main her as my adc before i started playing graves and kog.

Notorious P I P

10-23-2012

Also i usually buy BT before IE to give me more time to max it. I go boots, dorans (one or two depending on the game) then zergers, BT, zeal, IE, then finish PD or get a last whisper if they are stacking armor.

Outlaw466

10-23-2012

Thanks guys! ill give it a shot

Izzach

10-23-2012

it helps if your support keeps the opposite bush in your lane warded so you can last hit from your own bush without worrying about getting grabbed/stunned etc.

everytime headshot is up hit the AD carry/support (if you can without losing CS or going too out of position).

caits range is amazing, so use it to get pot shots off on other ads/supports between last hitting.

also mastering the trap is pretty important. in team fights a good trap can EXTEND the CC of an already existing CC but you have to time it right.
for example if a sion stuns someone put a trap under them, that way when the stun wears off TRAP they are still stuck in place.

i like cait and shes one of my favorite ad carries, but i dont play her much anymore since shes kind of outclassed. shes really good at winning her lane, but she doesn't have too strong of a team fighting ability compared to other AD carries.