mac client won't open

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hottsoup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2010

just that, i played a few games on it the other day, no hitches aside from the general freeze in the beginning for about 4-6 seconds, but today clicking the icon does nothing at all.

i'll remove/reinstall and let you know what happens.

P.S. last time it actually opened it just wouldn't patch at all.

Edit: "cannot move to trash because it is open" however its not showing in my open processes.

Edit 2: Logged out and back in to stop the process, deleted LoL, reinstalled and still same problem. the client just won't open.

i'm gonna try using the other downloader link i've found, the file is "LoLDownloader" instead of "LoL installer.dmg" I just reused the same installer I had from the email, maybe this one is new or something?

Edit 3: LoLDownloader just downloaded the installer i already had from the email link.

got the same problem again. i'm gonna leave it alone for the night.

Update: Just randomly started working a few days ago. No problems anymore except for the usual blue portraits, start game lag, and champs disappearing.

Mo shaggin

10-01-2010

I had this problem the other night. I kept getting and error message saying lolclient could not be opened. When i woke the next morning, I restarted my computer and it has worked fine since.

hottsoup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2010

haha, yeah, problem is, i never even get an error message.

i've read about the client auto minimizing itself, and not appearing in the dock. maybe i'll try using expose to get it to pop up.