Blaming strats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siky

10-01-2010

In solo-queue it helps a lot. You can tell if someone starts complaining early, they usually won't stop so just mute them and perma-ignore them.

People who are too busy complaining usually have nothing important to say anyways.

This also accounts for your enemy as well if it bothers you, but usually it's my team mates that bother me more than my opponent.

GhostDieM

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillean GG View Post
No communication AT ALL.
Fail!

Ephemeralis

10-01-2010

there is nothing funnier than screaming HI GUYS HOW YA DOING in /all after surging out of brush as xin zhao in the middle of a team fight

seriously i nearly pee myself every time

it is the only reason i play him

Achillean GG

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDieM View Post
Fail!
Real communication is meant for coordinated, tryhard premades using Vent and such.

If my solo queue team can't win without me saying "k" or "gotcha" every few minutes, then we've already lost.

GhostDieM

10-01-2010

Quote:
Real communication is meant for coordinated, tryhard premades using Vent and such.

If my solo queue team can't win without me saying "k" or "gotcha" every few minutes, then we've already lost.
lol

PorkNasty

10-01-2010

You'll always have your ragers/griefers that find a way to blame every loss on someone/something else besides themselves. In their minds they can do no wrong, their opponents are never skilled just "lucky" or their team sucked or the game glitched etc... Overall though the LoL community is pretty good; if you think this is bad, try HoN... Their community is 70-80% ragers/griefers every game.

Adaelphon Delat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemeralis View Post
there is nothing funnier than screaming HI GUYS HOW YA DOING in /all after surging out of brush as xin zhao in the middle of a team fight

seriously i nearly pee myself every time

it is the only reason i play him
Hey, i do the same thing with kassadin! And it can be fun with sona+ult too, if you proceed to mop them up then quote Safety Dance

Ulfhednar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2010

+1 for safety dance sona, only reason shes a viable champ imo

AdricGod

10-01-2010

Quote:
No communication AT ALL.
There is some truth to that, but its more about concentrating on your game and not worrying so much about what mistakes your teammates have made.

Chompigator

10-01-2010

The forums aren't any better than in-game. This entire community is swarming with trolls and nasty people. Almost every single game I finish now ends with someone saying something along the lines of "******ed team." Whether it be on the enemy side or allied side, it doesn't matter. I think people need to stop QQing about losing or offer real advice to the players they're frustrated with. Otherwise you're just making the experience suck for both of you. If that's your goal... well, then I don't know what to tell you other than you're selfish.

The most frustrating thing is people who firmly believe that your kill/death ratio is the single most important sign of a player's worth, not even factoring in assists. I played with a team a while ago that was quite low level since I did an arranged with a low level. I got stuck laning with a Mord who thought he was Jesus because he last hit the champs that we BOTH killed and talked down to me because my score was 0/3/3 while his was 1/4/1. There was no convincing the guy that kills aren't all that matter. It's like talking to a brick wall. It's those people who think they're above everyone because they have the most kills that ruin this community. That and the people who think that their build/strat for a champion is THE build.

Really, all we can do is thank Riot for the /ignore ally and /ignore enemy commands. If you don't want to put people on ignore, then you basically have to sit and bite your tongue, so to speak, throughout an entire game or risk being engaged in a distracting flame war that ultimately ends in your game play being worse and your team losing even harder. As difficult as it really is, just don't engage the trolls at all. They just want the satisfaction of believing that their argument holds firmer than yours, no matter how logical you are.