Bug Report: Hiemerdinger's turrets do not always fire

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gailie

10-22-2012

quick notice, this is first bug on this forum, so let me know if there's anything I can do to provide more info / help expediate this process.

When a champian is on/near Heimerdinger and he then ults, the turrets will not always attack the champian. Instead they will sit there in their default position without even turning to face the enemy champian or makeing the sound effect assosiated with turret fire. This happens most frequently with champians with jump-like gap closers like Nid and Jax. Unfortunatly I could not get this to reproduce consistantly, though it has happened often enough to warrent this report. Several things could be happening,

1. The turrets could be getting stunned and I am not noticeing (for example, many Jax players will use counter stike before leap strike so that they have an instant stun upon landing, to great effect). Are turrets supposed to be vulnerable to CC effects? I honestly do not know.

2. This is a purely graphical error, in which case the enemy must not be takeing as much damage as I would expect them to, whether it be because they build magic resistance or have some innate ability that I do not know about / underestimate.

3. Somehow, the turrets are terminating their targeting algorithm without actually selecting a target.

Note that I have only tested this in dominian, I have not tested this in Summoner's Rift or Proveing Grounds. I do not beleive I have access to PBE either so that somewhat limits my resources. That being said, if you need me to provide more information that I may have neglected, please let me know.

Just to be absolutly clear on what is happening,

1. I build turrets, it does not appear to matter whether it is out in the open or in a bush.

2. Enemy pounces on me while I am camping my own turrets

3. I stun then ult

4. Turrets may or may not fire, it has been very random. When they do not fire, they will not target nearby minions or champians, and they will remain in their default positions, even if they were fireing at something before hand, they will return to their default position of faceing to the top and slightly to the right. While I cannot always get the error itself to reproduce, the effect itself is very consistant, which helps.

Over the weekend this has happened to me roughly once every 4 games or so, and I get dove significantly more frequently than that, so this bug is not at all consistant.

Gailie

10-23-2012

bump for great justice to one of my favorite champs!

Gailie

10-25-2012

Do not ignore all these Heimerdinger posts Riot, I don't care about buffs, JUST FREAKING FIX THE TURRETS!