Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@RiotNome - can we summon you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luego

10-22-2012

RiotNome - you're the visible riot presense re TT. By now you have to have noticed that there is an OVERWHELMING opposition to completely replacing old TT with the new Shadow Isles.

Can we get a position and reply?

Personally, I find the new map beautiful, and appreciate it as a new game MODE. However, it differs from TT in such a way that the loss of the old TT is going to be a massive one.

My thoughts thus far:
1. Death timers are ridiculously short early. It feels like dominion, where your death doesn't matter at all, and you're free to throw your body at objective after objective.
2. Teamfights are artificial and forced. You simply can't choose to avoid them, because the alters are too important. And giving vision on the alters again forces teamfights, while simultaneously taking away strategy. One of the most enjoyable things about TT is dragon control. No ward planted yet, or having a battle of pinkwards? Quickly grabbing a dragon before the other team reacts or notices can change a game. If the other team does it to me, I even enjoy and respect that.
3. The lack of a top jungle makes it obvious when you're going to Spider, and forces continuous conflict. It also kills a revenue stream, and eliminates strategy in that fashion. Looking at the post-game charts on a TT game is fun - and seeing who controlled the most neutrals often equates directly to the W/L
4. Items obviously need tweaking. In a serious way. Especially the AP Madreds on Singed/Teemo/Brand/DoT
5. Lack of wards again takes out strategy. Map control is a HUGE part of SR,and TT. Why eliminate it and force a "skirmish" gametype? Again, we already have Dominion for that.

I love old TT. Yes, it has problems. But they're EASY fixes. This is a "baby with the bathwater" solution. My thoughts on old TT:
Equalize lasers. Scale dragon throughout the game. Normalize the jungle. Make minions immune to laser. Add a minor bluebuff (maybe not even needed if you want to incorporate the new items). Double the width of some of the walls to limit mobility a bit.

I want to like the new TT. I love the fact that it's getting attention. However, it feels like it is now intended to be "SR lite" rather than "SR for teams of 3".

TLDR - 3's should not be a "for fun" mode. We already have Dominion for that. Old TT has as much - or more - room for both strategy and tactics that SR has. It's just scaled down for 3 teammates rather than 5. SR is not a continuous roaming killfest, but an intricate game with multiple strategic options. Unless the intention is also to make SR more "fun" by adding shrines, boosts, and the like (in which case that's fine if that's the direction you're taking the game, although I disagree) please don't change TT so drastically.

Please, please, please, do not remove TT. Keep both. I don't care if it will fractionalize the playerbase. You say that TT has some of the most enthusiastic and devoted players? If you believe that, believe that we'll happily wait a little longer for queue times to play the mode we love. And if you can do some of the minor fixes above, we'll love it even more

fiddlesticksssss

10-22-2012

Quote:
Luego:
. SR is not a continuous roaming killfest, but an intricate game with multiple strategic options.

This is 1 of the main problems i have with the new map. Altars is #1. I have never had a game with less than 20-40 deaths (spread out among the team). On old TT you can end a game with just 10. I've played 3 games with "sam the helper" in this monstrosity, and even he takes advantage of the fact there is no strategy involved. You literally just run straight at the enemy if you die, 10 seconds later try again. Its capture the altar and murder everyone in sight, even if you die. Whoever has both altars is an immediate ****ing bolder too. There is no snowballing. You are both pebbles, and whoever gets the 2nd altar is a immediate bolder and has a 90% chance of winning the game. Even if you do make a comeback you really don't get that "**** yeah that game was awesome" now its "got that 2nd altar ***** have fun losing".

Henry Plainview

10-22-2012

I agree.

Another thing I really dislike about the altar is how everyone usually sits on them in the beginning until they unlock, since going for the enemy altar is a huge risk, so it's like Dominion where you do absolutely nothing for the first 2 minutes...

Also I'm really tired of clicking past those stupid notifications on tt and dominion.

Frostknife

10-22-2012

Bump for justice