Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skarner: What type of Champion is he played as?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IntrepidPotato

Recruiter

10-23-2012

Skarner is primarily played as a jungler, focusing on his skills to output his damage. Skarner builds like a bruiser. tanky, but with some damage items that are suitable to him. A normal build would be: Merc treads, Tri Force, Frozen heart, Reverie, Randuin's Omen, and Wit's end. There are also some other situational item picks that can work.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JRotund

10-24-2012

i almost always build philo, merc tread, sheen. always gonna be a good start. gives him some sustain and some dmg.

after that, you can go tanky and go glacial shroud into frozen heart followed by force of nature.

but if i've done well so far and have some assists and/or a kill or two, i'll go blasting rod, pickaxe, rageblade. rageblade + w is a big AP boost and the attack speed boost also helps reducing cooldowns faster. great item that works with his kit for dueling as well as shredding towers.

philo stone, merc treads, sheen, rageblade, glacial shroud (into frozen heart) is a nice midgame build that allows you to dish out an unexpected amount of damage while taking a good amount as well.

FoN, trin, shurelya's, nashor can all have their place as a final item or two in your build,