Skarner: What type of Champion is he played as?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maleric

10-22-2012

So I've been looking at skarner for jungle, but I'm not sure how to build him. It seems he could be built AP and do quite well with his abilities and shield, but he also scales with AD, and then there's his natural tankiness which give way to the possibility of playing him tanky. Therefore, my question is, how is he played? AD, AP, Tank, Bruiser, or what?

fretfulally

10-22-2012

Skarner is primarily played as a tanky jungler who can flash + shurelias to ult the enemy carry into your team. I can't speak for going full ap skarner or ad because he is a melee champion with no gapcloser who can be kited and without tank items that give mana/mana regen such as shurelias or frozen heart; he can have mana problems but im no expert on building skarner for damage so you can,experiment with that. Tank goes well for his role as a peeler who annoys the **** out of enemies with a permaslow. Without tanky stats it would be more difficult to run into their team and peel.

Gl playing skarner

julianjuvenile

10-22-2012

1. DON'T RUSH TRIFORCE UNLESS REALLY FED
2. http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...er-build-guide

Quib

10-22-2012

Skarner was designed as a hybrid (building both AP and AD). I don't know if that's how he's currently played, but that's the original intention.

lastchancexi

10-23-2012

Skarner's great because he doesn't need to build AP or AD and still does fine. Junglers don't get gold in the current meta. Skarner can build really expensive items like TriForce and does great with them, but junglers generally don't get that kind of gold. All of you have is money for tanky items (FH, Aegis, Shurelya's)

Redeemed RivĂȘn

10-23-2012

Basically as skarner you build like a support, end game your goal is to get a trinity force on top of that, as your 6th item slot you should keep it open for wards.

Maleric

10-23-2012

How would the Locket of the Iron Solari stack with his shield? Would it damage it first, then Skarner's shield or how would that work?

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
How would the Locket of the Iron Solari stack with his shield? Would it damage it first, then Skarner's shield or how would that work?
Don't bother buying it. Turning Heart of Gold into Randuin's Omen is much more effective for him.

Giocast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

I've been playing skarner lately on my ranked games, the way i play is full tanky and support, i start boots 3 pots, gank after red and level up Q and W, ult when appears and E just when i cannot choose another ability to level up,

Look for philosopher quick and heart of gold helps a lot on sustain trough jungle and the extra gold to get wards and pots if necessary, i build aegis so i can improve my team resistances when i look for objectives with the team, get shirelyas and mobility boots, for that moment on choose frozen hearth or force of nature depending on enemy team composition and scores.

remember when engaging or ganking, Q minions so your next hit slows the target and so on.

Hope it helps

Jesot

10-23-2012

The best thing about Skarner is you can go offensive or defensive based on your team comp and how the game is going with relative ease.

The core is almost always philo (into shurelyas), sheen (into tf), shroud (into fh), and merc treads.

If I'm going offense, I build into tf earlier and grab hex drinker. If I'm going defense, I grab randuins (in which case, you'd build hog after philo). Either way, it ends with ga.