Mid Laning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryWhale

10-22-2012

So I just hit level 20, but i mostly queue with my level 30 friends so most of the people I end up facing are higher level than me. And when I'm mid laning (I only really play mid and support) I can almost always hold my own against them and sometimes even dominate the lane. However, sometimes I play against people who sit by their minions and autoattack all day against my minions not really caring about CS. This isn't really a problem as their CS will probably be bad, but it always leaves me confused because I have no idea what to do. Do I let the minions come to my turret? Do i have to push them back? Do I just have to keep poking at them? Anyways, I can usually win against people like this, but I would like to know what the correct thing to do is. thanks~

Aelarnost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Depending on the champion they may be pushing to the tower then going out to roam once they do. Some mid champions are more dependent on getting ganks than cs for gold if they suck at farming so be sure when they push into your tower to make your lanes aware that they may be coming down and if they do go down push straight to their tower so they will come back to they lane. Then you can roam yourself possibly picking up some kills.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

I'm usually content to farm near my tower, rather then in the center of the lane, and it's certainly better then being pushed past the center. However, if it looks like they're pushing to my tower, either to damage it, towerdive me, or roam, I'll pick up the pace, AA'ing minions rather then last hitting, and useing AoE abilities if I can afford the mana cost. You should also alert your jungler, so he can come by and gank if he has the chance. If he's halfway decent, he'll notice the lane is pushing and come anyway, but at your level it may be worth giving a headsup.