New TT Analysis from an s1 gold s2 plat player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slavik1

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
Pros:
Art- The art is nothing short of F*CKING AMAZING. The attention to detail and overall feel is absolutely Phenomenal. Bravo

Cons:
Strategy- Fight mid, Fight mid, Fight mid, take a tower Fight mid, Fight mid etc...If someone is missing on the map, you know they're middle. There is almost no ambiguity or mind games involved. There are no sneaky pathways, no places to cleverly ambush, you can't sneak into vilemaw's pit, and he is too strong to attempt unless most of the enemy team is dead. All the narrow corridors, curved bushes and jumpable walls were taken away. Even wards were taken out of the game. The new map shifts the emphasis to team fighting skills and turns it into a more fight based Dominion.
Two most important pros and cons IMO. Old TT was difficult to master if you played only SR but when you learned it, all the differences and possibilities led to amazing strategies and plays. Top needs more objectives than just Vile...

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

bump for feedback

Pandermania

10-24-2012

bumping this cause i just got into twisted treeline, trying to learn how to jungle it.

Jungling on that map is way more interesting than sr, challenging, but really interesting.

I also love how screwed up the fog of war is, it makes everything seem so dark and creepy. I hope they keep that on the new version

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

I like how posts like the OP's have the positive vote counts but are the ones Riot ignores unless it is to tell us we're wrong.

Might as well accept that they will release it anyway, remove TT and p much take away the last bit of enjoyment this game provided me. It was fun while it lasted.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavik1 View Post
Two most important pros and cons IMO. Old TT was difficult to master if you played only SR but when you learned it, all the differences and possibilities led to amazing strategies and plays. Top needs more objectives than just Vile...
Rioy hates variety. Have you seen the current state of SR?

Doonhijoe V

10-24-2012

I really think Riot should take a step back and ask themselves why they didn't just fix the old map, it's what players wanted. I feel like they took a few too many creative liberties with this map and really took away what was fun with the old TT while only fixing the issues with the base layout, but adding a whole slew of problems with lack of any real depth or strategy and the lack of wards is just heartbreaking.

FearAzrael

10-24-2012

Thank you for writing this, I would love a red to respond here.

Cybrid 0x0T2MD2W

10-24-2012

Riot should listen to the OP, perhaps make a large poll and slap it on the news so people can VOTE, actually VOTE and SHOW results. (example, the diana skin change could have used it since so many bought the bundle)

KabalWins

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iL FraN View Post
I get what you say, I don't agree on everything but most importantly, almost nobody plays TT right now.
You can't argue that and that only will make all the difference in the world.
The new TT is the dominion SR hybrid that will make it (not like the actual dominion that nobody plays either)
Nobody plays TT? This is the problem, the people that don't care about TT are the ones in favor of removing it and Riot is going to take their side, I consider this a problem. If Riot does do this instead of keeping both maps, their true goal is not to make it better for TT players, it's to remove them from the picture and give more variety to those that didn't care for the map in its current form.

Taarki

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iL FraN View Post
I get what you say, I don't agree on everything but most importantly, almost nobody plays TT right now.
You can't argue that and that only will make all the difference in the world.
The new TT is the dominion SR hybrid that will make it (not like the actual dominion that nobody plays either)
it takes me longer to get a SR/bots match than a TT match... so many people play TT.
you only think no body plays TT becuase they dont have any major tournements with it