Arch-rivalry affecting matches.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

But it doesnt have to be minnor, if you create a different match mode (just the same map but with some different rules, like these special interactions and so) you can make the lore have a pretty good impact. Just make sure you dont do nothing game breaking and then this kind of matches would be pretty interesting

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyorhist View Post
Not to call you out on the carpet or anything but I want t o know how this is any different than your standard counterpicking. When your enemy team has soraka and cait, you know that the obvious counter pick is blitz. So what is wrong with having a counter for rengar/kha...etc etc...

Sorry I just now decided to look back at this. I do other things.

ON TO COUNTER PICKS!

I think you should be counter picking based on how champions play against each other. Counter picking shouldn't be specific towards a champion. It should be for a style. Teemo and Malphite counter ad bruisers. Vayne and Kog Maw counter beefy teams. I cannot think of a champion that goes out of his way to try to counter one champion in particular.

Sure its a fun thing to do, but I would much rather something little that didn't change the game. Cause not all of us play ranked 24/7. If I am going to play ranked, its because I wanna try to raise my visible Elo. I play Normals for fun, and I don't want to be on the winning team that gives the opponents Rengar a super item, who has been doing well all game and then starts to seriously snowball out of control against you. Cause with that item, Rengar could easily start to carry his team or at least feed his team.

Quote:
But it doesnt have to be minnor, if you create a different match mode (just the same map but with some different rules, like these special interactions and so) you can make the lore have a pretty good impact. Just make sure you dont do nothing game breaking and then this kind of matches would be pretty interesting

Just saw this and went, "This is much better."

I would like a choice in whether or not to have such a massive event in game. If you wanted to have he grudge match in your game and everyone was willing to have it, then fine. I wouldn't. I want to have a choice.

NoctisOnix

11-04-2012

I just love love loveeee how heroes in dota 2 interact with oneanother,makes me immersed so much.When Queen of Pain who uses screaming and magic to kill ppl kills Silencer who uses silences and practices silence in genereal.She is like:"Silencer?Id prefer a screamer!",Each hero in dota 2 has around 10+ mins of sounds while LoL champs have like 2 or 3 minutes.

Ansaa

11-04-2012

I would love something like this, I wouldnt even need actual gameplay bonuses (Like Khazix extra point) but unique quotes for rivals when they defeat eachother. There are already plenty of rivalries!

Kayle vs Morgana = Why can you not see reason, sister? / You will never control me again, sister!
Elise vs Vayne = I'll savour eating you, night-hunter! / Skitter away, monster!
Diana vs Leona = The Moon eclipses the sun! / Dawn will always rise!
Nasus vs Renekton = Be at peace, brother. / You were no match for me, brother!
Soraka vs Warwick = Your evil ends here Warwick! / Your heart is mine Soraka!

Those are a few examples, there are alot of sibling rivalries. Even siblings like Cass/Kat and Draven/Darius can have a competition to see who gets more kills.

Will the Llama

11-04-2012

I really think they should have a whole "Situation" based game type, where we have different champs of a certain nation go against another rival nation( Noxus vs Ionia) and each match would effect the lore in someway or gameplay in some way, almost like the Gangwars game type in Max Payne 3

And I think it would be a good idea, because was the league of legends created so that the nations could make decitions and work out conflicts with out going to war?

Mirth The Bard

11-07-2012

Not sure how many of these comparisons have been made(already saw a few) but I'll throw the ones I know out there:

Morgana vs. Kayle
Graves vs. Twisted Fate
Nasus vs. Renekton
Rengar vs. Kha'zix
Jarvan IV vs. Swain
Garen vs. Katarina
Ashe vs. Sejuani
Riven vs. Singed(I feel it makes sense lore wise)
Warwick vs. Soraka
Jayce vs. Viktor

There are more that I just can't think of right now. I would love there to be a situation-based option, not necessarily custom but like, "Ionia vs. Noxus" games or "Piltover vs. Zaun," it could really make for some interesting play and even possibly add something new to the meta, who knows.

I do agree that mini-quests should not be available for ranked.