Great Leader Honor Ribbon?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Hey guys,
I recently got the "Great Leader" ribbon for honor. I think that this is awesome, but I'm not quite sure exactly how I got it. Is it a combination of all the ribbons combined, or is it just a lot of "quality" honors in the teamwork area? Teamwork was the first ribbon I got, and I'm surprised that I got all of them. I'm also not sure how they distribute the ribbons either, because every time I get asked in chat how I got it I tell them that I probably got it from not asking for it and earned it legitimately, but again, I'm not sure. I really only have like 10 honors in the Helpful area and yet I got the ribbon, while some of my friends have over 50 and they don't have it? Can someone clarify, if you don't mind?

Baalhrezem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

ss or it didn't happen

Elefelo

10-22-2012

This is just a rumor but...

They say that to get a leader ribbon you 1st must be qualified for 3 of the 4 possible ribbons. Then once you are, a Riot member will stalk one of your games. Either with a smurf account participating in the game or spectate your game with chat log records. If they see you are indeed an honorable player among honorable players. Hazaa!!!! You get a leader ribbon.

Or so I am told.

Eleshakai

10-22-2012

I believe it was Teamwork and Helpful... that was when I got my leadership ribbon. Hopefully it brings you good times.

Kalyst

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalhrezem View Post
ss or it didn't happen

I didn't quite take screenshots of the animations showing that I have acquired all four of the ribbons, but I'll show you one that I'll take in champ select with the Gold Ribbon for "Great Leader"
Just give me a sec.

Ipod566

10-22-2012

does it show all 4 ribbons in your portrait?

Zodiark

10-22-2012

A friend I made yesterday had the Great Leader ribbon. He said he had every ribbon except the honorable opponent one, so I assume that it is a combination. Hope this helped.

Kalyst

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipod566 View Post
does it show all 4 ribbons in your portrait?
Nope, it shows only one at a time, and the great leader one overruled all of them so far.

Kalyst

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefelo View Post
This is just a rumor but...

They say that to get a leader ribbon you 1st must be qualified for 3 of the 4 possible ribbons. Then once you are, a Riot member will stalk one of your games. Either with a smurf account participating in the game or spectate your game with chat log records. If they see you are indeed an honorable player among honorable players. Hazaa!!!! You get a leader ribbon.

Or so I am told.

That would be awesome.

Kalyst

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleshakai View Post
I believe it was Teamwork and Helpful... that was when I got my leadership ribbon. Hopefully it brings you good times.

Oh, indeed it does bring me good times. I've been having teams cooperate much better because of this, and often listen to what I say when it comes to calling things out, especially if I'm the lowest elo in the game. They also let me do whatever role I want, which is very helpful considering i'm wrecking adc in the 1500s. But there's also the part where there is atleast 3 people a game asking me how I got it, which can be quite repetitive, but it's awesome altogether.

12345 ... 7