Clever Girl: Jungling as Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sokolniki

01-22-2012

*Troll Post*

So does this allow an Akali in the bush to instakill any champion with a long barreled, rifle stocked weapon standing just outside the bush if they are approached from the side?

Carados

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
I'm not sure why you assumed I was suggesting an afk farm jungle style.
Because if you're waiting until 6 to do anything you are afk farming the jungle.

You'll note with the new jungle, you never, ever see a good jungler even clearing two creep camps at the start. You need to gank asap, if you can gank out of a buff at level 2 (Shaco, Udyr, Skarner, Maokai, the current top junglers), you are good.

If you're going to afk farm the jungle until 6, your team is going to have at least 8 minutes of ganks while you haven't done anything. This is ignoring any counterjungling.

This is what I mean.

Eledhan

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Because if you're waiting until 6 to do anything you are afk farming the jungle.

You'll note with the new jungle, you never, ever see a good jungler even clearing two creep camps at the start. You need to gank asap, if you can gank out of a buff at level 2 (Shaco, Udyr, Skarner, Maokai, the current top junglers), you are good.

If you're going to afk farm the jungle until 6, your team is going to have at least 8 minutes of ganks while you haven't done anything. This is ignoring any counterjungling.

This is what I mean.
You seem to ignore the concepts used by M5 in IEM Kiev...they focused on junglers who HAVE HIGH CLEAR TIMES so they can execute their invasion strategy. This kind of play is exactly why Akali is great in the jungle...quick clear, then set to help invade and steal CS.

Level 2 ganks are so difficult to pull off these days with everyone running flash. You wanna talk about misleading new players? How about encouraging a new player to attempt a level 2 gank? That's a recipe for disaster there...

Akali would be a phenomenal champion to run the speed clear then counter jungle strategy due to her shroud and insane damage early on. And even if this is NOT viable in high level play, it's still a ton of fun to play. Not everyone is so intent on playing champs the ABSOLUTE BEST WAY POSSIBLE at all times...sometimes people just like to try things that are viable but not exactly optimal so they can experiment or just have fun.

As a great example, I tried AD sona once...and my goodness was it fun! That level 1 burst she is so know for (as a support) becomes insanely strong. Do I play AD sona when I want to play a support to win? No...but it's still fun to try it every now and then with a buddy who knows what I'm doing.

I really wish you would quit bashing everyone else' work. If nothing else, give constructive criticisms, but don't come into a thread about jungle Akali and then say you shouldn't even jungle her...it's obvious that anyone not wanting to jungle Akali wouldn't even be here...so why do you come in here to bash a guide that has over 50 upvotes on the guides and strat forum where upvotes are scarce?

I say you are a troll, and I wish there were a way to get you to either A) be more cordial, or B) Shutup.

Carados

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
Level 2 ganks are so difficult to pull off these days with everyone running flash.
Stopped reading.

How out of touch with the game do you have to be where burning flash isn't a successful gank?

Eledhan

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Stopped reading.

How out of touch with the game do you have to be where burning flash isn't a successful gank?
If you lose gold from jungle CS and don't get a kill in exchange, you lost.

Sure, pressuring a lane on your way to the other half of the jungle is fine. But walking out of your way to another part of the map because you might get a gank? Stupid.

DMPuffy

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
If you lose gold from jungle CS and don't get a kill in exchange, you lost.

Sure, pressuring a lane on your way to the other half of the jungle is fine. But walking out of your way to another part of the map because you might get a gank? Stupid.
You pressure a lane as you pass through the jungle. Between wolves and wraiths, gank mid. When you clear top jungle, gank top. When you clear bot jungle, gank bot. You never should have to go out of your way to gank if you're jungling properly. This way, you burn their summoners, deal damage, and keep them on their toes and afraid to farm or extend.

The tiny amount of gold lost from showing back up to wolves 5-10 seconds late doesn't justify not ganking after each clear. But, if the lanes are pushed or they have strong CC and you're an ultless Akali, wait until it's opportune. That could very likely mean waiting until 6.

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

So I love Akali but don't like squaring off against Garens and Renektons top or vying for the popular AP carry. I also want to learn how to jungle properly. So I decided Akali could be a decent jungler because in the right situation you just roam and gank and force an early surrender. I have been mildly successful due to this wonderful post and information from different members. However I find that if I'm ever matched against a tankier jungler ie almost all of them I suffer. They can invade my jungle without fear because I can't burst them down at level 3-6. Any advice for dealing with Shyvannas Udrys and Gps?

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

At level three kite them while using Q on cooldown. You should draw them deeper into your territory while pinging their location to alert your allies. Because you have so much spell vamp you'll be healing considerably. Beware of early red buffs.

At level four and beyond you should use your shroud to control the engagement. Q the enemy then shroud, wait for Q to come off cooldown and attack again, repeat until shroud fades. While doing this ping and call in your allies. Tanky as the enemies you listed may seem they can't trade evenly with you if they have to take a Q every time to do it, and waiting around in your jungle for your shroud to finish is extremely risky.

Remember, the surest way to deal with jungle invasion is to get your allies to help you. It's the surest way to punish the enemy jungler and deter them from continuing to invade.

Montegomery

12-17-2012

I've updated the guide, complete with video, for Season 3.

Note that 4:00 is a decent clear time when you have zero assistance at level 1, no Bladed Armor mastery, and do Wolves before Red instead of Golems. If you're concerned that it's too slow, all of those other factors added together will greatly increase her clear speed, easily down below 3:40.

DMPuffy

12-18-2012

Lichbane no longer gives defense(MR) by the way. Just a small inconsistency.