Clever Girl: Jungling as Akali

12345612 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

elfyy

Senior Member

09-30-2010

akali is a decent jungler, however she is really bad at ganking before 6, especially without ghost.
i jungled akali for a while, and i dont find it really useful because your ganks come really late, you not only have to wait to hit lvl 6, but you also need to wait for shadow dance charges(wich takes a good 2 minutes to get the extra 2) if you want a solid gank.
early ganks can work depending on your team, your lanes need to set up ganks for you, not the other way around, wich sometimes is not possible.

you also dont need tier 3 AD quint, a tier 1 is enough to activate your passive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2010

Nothing to really comment on your guide other than I've been looking at Akali recently and jungling with her sounds fun, but what I do have to comment on is all this "AD Quint for your passive" stuff.

The patch notes (and they're recent, like 3rd most recent) have a documented change to her passive that the spell vamp portion is activated at every 5 AD now instead of every 10 AD like it used to be.

Is it actually not changed and that's an erroneous note, or what? I can't be the only person in the game to have noticed those notes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS176974897df0345ab2392

Member

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
The patch notes (and they're recent, like 3rd most recent) have a documented change to her passive that the spell vamp portion is activated at every 5 AD now instead of every 10 AD like it used to be.
This is the increase after it has been activated. You still need 10 AD to activate the passive. Once it is active it gains strength for every 5AD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nephotep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-01-2010

good guide gonna try it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazeracer View Post
This is the increase after it has been activated. You still need 10 AD to activate the passive. Once it is active it gains strength for every 5AD.
Interesting. Those notes are misleading, then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TL Frolo

Senior Member

10-01-2010

you're usually better off going fort elixer and health pots to clear the jungle before going back and you will have a higher level of health at all of the camps


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyy View Post
akali is a decent jungler, however she is really bad at ganking before 6, especially without ghost.
i jungled akali for a while, and i dont find it really useful because your ganks come really late, you not only have to wait to hit lvl 6, but you also need to wait for shadow dance charges(wich takes a good 2 minutes to get the extra 2) if you want a solid gank.
early ganks can work depending on your team, your lanes need to set up ganks for you, not the other way around, wich sometimes is not possible.

you also dont need tier 3 AD quint, a tier 1 is enough to activate your passive.
You exaggerate slightly when it comes to Shadow Dance (it takes exactly 50 seconds after you take the skill to get full charges), but it is true that ganking before level 6 is significantly more difficult.

However, I don't agree that ganking at level 6 comes too late to be effective. When I jungle as Akali I easily hit level 6 around 6:30 game time, and can reach a gankable lane before 7:00. At this point any solo lanes will be level 6-7, and duo lanes will merely be level 4. There are very few champions (or champion pairs) at those levels who can deal with a red buff Akali dancing out of the bush.

I recommend the T3 AD quint not because it is necessary, but because the extra damage helps to reduce the number of auto attacks necessary to kill creeps. Each auto attack you save is also a second of jungling time saved, and every second counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolossus View Post
you're usually better off going fort elixer and health pots to clear the jungle before going back and you will have a higher level of health at all of the camps
I dislike using Elixir of Fortitude not because it isn't effective for jungling, but because it runs out before level 6. If you know for a fact you're going to gank at level 4 or 5 it's a workable option, but otherwise you end up weaker when you go for the kill.

You're only really vulnerable as Akali during your first run through and when you go for Dragon. Otherwise you have plenty of health as well as your Shroud and already jungle extremely quickly. As such, the small benefits of the elixir don't really outweigh the lost gank effectiveness.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorebashx

Junior Member

10-12-2010

Nice guide. I've been playing with akali for a while now and i just have one question why armor pen runes over magic pen ones.

Other than that everything else seems to make sense. Haha

Cheers!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorebashx

Junior Member

10-12-2010

Sry i think i need to rephrase my question. As in i understand that when doing jungle armor pen makes more sense but when it comes to your abilities doing dmg to the enemy champs wouldn't magic pen do more dmg?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IntFam

Senior Member

10-12-2010

I endorse this guide. I've been using a skeleton build similiar to the one outlined her and it works really, REALLY well.


12345612 ... 23