The Preservers are Recruiting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NecroticBinder

10-22-2012

About Us: The Preservers is the name of an RP group. We started on these forums as an RP thread that was dedicated to fighting the void and other extraplanar threats. Over time, the focus has changed more towards player oriented plots.

At the moment, almost all RPs occur on skype using it as a chat platform, so no mics or webcams are needed. It's not very large, but of course, since this thread exists we are looking to expand and bring new players into the fold.

Kinds of Characters: We have almost anything and everything, but what is requested is that your character is not a godmode, or that they excel at everything. Try to make characters realistic and have room to grow, there are more subtle things that are wanted but not expected.

Requirements to Join: Have Skype and be willing to be added into multiple rooms on there. Beyond that, well anyone and everything goes, the group is PG-13 so you don't have to worry about overly descriptive scenes of inappropriate things.

How to Join: Respond to this thread, and or send me a contact request on skype. The name on there is still Methelod.

TL;DR Skype based group RP. Faster pace then forum RPs at times, fun community to hang out with.

AsktheBlindFist

10-22-2012

Question, I have a character I haven't used in a long time, and I'm not changing my account right now so I don't forget to change it back. But is that alright? Or do we have to make a completely new one.

NecroticBinder

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsktheBlindFist View Post
Question, I have a character I haven't used in a long time, and I'm not changing my account right now so I don't forget to change it back. But is that alright? Or do we have to make a completely new one.
Old or new characters are acceptable, unless of course they are gods on the plane. :P Then you might run into some troubles, but most characters are acceptable, and if it's iffy you can ask someone around if it is good or not.

AsktheBlindFist

10-22-2012

Here's profile: http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/2017

NecroticBinder

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsktheBlindFist View Post
The profile could use a bit of work, but that's mostly the name and the name of the sword. He seems a bit archetypal.

Edit: Also, world renowned part may be a bit over the top apparently.

Edit 2: [6:06:18 PM] Thudloderp: 1 : New names for both swordsman and sword. Blade seems more like a placeholder than a serious name.

2 : Describe the sword. There are so many kinds of swords that anything to give us an idea of what it looks like is direly needed.

3 : How does a poor pitfighter get a sword that doesn't break in his hand for so long that he names it?

4 : Tone the fame down a bit. 'World renowned' means we all have to pretend to know about you, and honestly, pit fighters aren't that special or worthy of attention to most folk.

TheShadowOfChaos

10-22-2012

I may want to ask if a character can be with the Preservers but not in their group exactly. Mainly why I am asking this is because one of my characters, actually to be more specific my first/main one is on a Void journey.....how it started is a funny story actually.....that only I remember clearly.

NecroticBinder

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
I may want to ask if a character can be with the Preservers but not in their group exactly. Mainly why I am asking this is because one of my characters, actually to be more specific my first/main one is on a Void journey.....how it started is a funny story actually.....that only I remember clearly.
It's possible, although in our world the void is... interesting. As for association without being in the group, that's possible but it does mean you are less likely to be invited on preservers based events. (The organization ICly, not oocly)

So it's possible, it just means you'll have less events thrown at you.

TheShadowOfChaos

10-22-2012

Well I would join you if you accept an oc who has...in a way already developed a lot in the sense that he has many powers and strengths already...though I would like to know your definition of the Void....since my Void that I been in is quite....brutal and dangerous in the sense of one mistake=insta death.

NecroticBinder

10-22-2012

The powers and strengths are possible but it's hard to say and it's not truly in my judgement.

Although our void is a chaotic entity that seeks to overtake runeterra and use it for some purpose, void taint is the major part that may cause athe soul meaning that dealing with it can be problematic. Overall, if you are interested add me on skype (I promise, I'm not a spammer. ) and I can have you talk to the rest of the community about the power of the character and anything that needs to be changed.

AsktheBlindFist

10-22-2012

I edited it and added a lot more backstory, also changed his name. Here's the revised version:http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/2017