Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jayce feels stupid on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Reaper

10-22-2012

Is there any counter for him?

AbsolutePK

10-22-2012

I've killed a few with Akali.

And then they finished Triforce.

Orphane

10-22-2012

The counter is that you sacrifice a teammate to him so you can have a 5 second window to unload on and hopefully kill him.

Not much of a counter, I know.

SuperQuackDuck

10-22-2012

Hes not invincible like superman, though their similarities are often noted. You'll likely need a bind and a burst damage assassin. If at bot? Pray they build stupidly. Like. Black cleaver and entropy and triforce.

Argodis

10-22-2012

He feels stupid on any mode.

Nyx87

10-22-2012

If he is top, then an assassin with some sort of lockdown and decent burst will spell his doom (Leblanc/Kassadin/Talon).

If he is bot, champ that can clear safely do well. Also, ganks help out a lot. Standard Jayce builds I see go Brutalizer into IE which is fairly easy to kill if your bot lane can stall long enough to help them. But it's one of those lanes that just requires constant ganks due to scaling.

Hamm3rhand

10-22-2012

Against a top lane jayce, you will probably need something like akali, maybe jax, i've done it a couple times with fiora. (assuming he builds properly) the goal is to kill him before he can get his crazy sustain from sanguine blade and his ungodly scaling on his w, and you have to have a gap closer to counter the knockback and to catch up once he starts running away through the speed shrine. Warwick can probably also do it, most champs if you can build thornmail and mpen (so the thornmail actually does damage) and tanky for a bit while still doing decent damage. Poppy could probably also do fine, though I don't think thats a very common matchup as there don't seem to be many poppy players floating around. Ez and vayne might be able to take him once they hit their items, but i'm not 100% sure about that.

as far as bot lane jayce, jax scales almost as hard as him, so if you can avoid his qe poke, dodge away the w, and then jump in after he knockbacks you can probably beat him. it requires a lot of skill tho. a better bet would probably be someone like ad malz or maokai, maybe nunu who can just sustain, build uber tanky and keep the waves off their point. if you can keep him doing nothing on bot lane, then he's not wrecking top.

Talith PA

10-22-2012

AP Teemo is the hardest counter to Jayce.

AlphaFerric

10-22-2012

Quote:
Talith PA:
AP Teemo is the hardest counter to Jayce.

Gunna have to agree here. The minute he swaps to hammer drop a shroom and blind him. If he's bot and you're playing teemo, stand on your teammate as you both initiate, that way you can get a shroom off if he tries to retaliate.

Otherwise you just need strong ganks bot, and frequently. If you're playing bot against jayce, actively ping when he's overextended and ask for ganks.

Duelpower

10-22-2012

Playing against jayce kinda makes me wish they would make a champ with a passive that won't allow knockbacks.