Exposing the Truth, Champion Guides

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Am Tolan

10-22-2012

Solomid.net is a widely renowned website for helping people who play league of legends. Solomid.net is also a very controlled enviroment, unlike Riot Games the moderators do not have a single clue as to what they are doing.
My friend (1700 Elo) made a guide about Shaco and how to play him well in ranked, and believe me it was awesome! He had done everything head to toe to make sure the guide was really well done, even more so the guide was based upon one of his favorite Shaco players, Youngmini.
Youngmini has been talking to my friend (ColdkiI) and was very happy that he wanted to make a guide based off of his runes / masteries.

Now this is where the problem starts to unfold.

There is a site moderator that goes by the name of Coxy whos in game name i will not reveal, but this is his Guide

The story goes like this, Coxy makes guides and self approves them... He made a shaco guide about a week or so before ColdkiI made his guide from a 1700 elo players perspective of 2600 elo is like(Of course with the 2600 elo players permission (Youngmini)) Coxy didnt like ColdkiI's guide, so what did he do? he dis-approved it because hes a moderator. He uses excuses like "the guide was not of you, but of youngmini" (which BTW doesnt go againts any rules of guide making from the Solomid.net website.

Previously before Coxy looked at this guide, it had been approved.

My friend ColdkiI's guide was getting some really good reviews and comments from people, lots of views and UpVotes, Now he cant edit / leave comments or anything because his account is BANNED BY COXY Because he didnt like his guide.

Now, I leave you (GD) with this bit of information, If you want to know how to play the game better by having decent guides, Expose this trash from Solomid.net and let it be known that TSM is a great team that doesnt involve ******bags.

Link to ColdkiI's guide: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...co-build-guide

Link to Coxy's guide: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...co-build-guide EDIT: this link is as of now broken at 11:43 pm Friday, November 16th 2012 (if you ask me, sounds like someones trying to cover their story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater Von Jäger View Post
As a Guide mod for Solomid.net, let me start off buy saying, COXY IS NOT A GUIDE MOD. he is a regular moderator, he cannot "self approve" anything. His guides go through the queue just like the rest.

Secondly, THE GUIDE MOD STAFF rejected this guide because it was based off of another players build to the nut, and the player it's based off of, youngmini, had told another of the guide mods that he would be writing his OWN GUIDE FOR HIS OWN BUILD.

Thirdly, Publishing a guide based on someone's work is PLAGIARISM. granted you do have cookie cutter works, but by publishing a guide under the guise of another's information is still PLAGIARISM.

Fourthly, Youngmini had no prior knowledge about your "friends" guide based off of his work. Thus it is PLAGIARISM.

And lastly, stop pretending it was your "friend" that wrote the guide and was banned. This may be the internet, but we're not stupid. This happened directly to you, You got butthurt about it, and are now attempting to bad mouth another player, staff member for solomid, and Solomid.net itself. Please enjoy NEVER being able to post or make guides on Solomid.net.

Oh and another thing i forgot, COXY DID NOT REJECT THE GUIDE, Myself and D1eox did, and Dieox talked directly to Youngmini about this. We even had a nice 3 hour discussion over this guide with other GMs adding in as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
yeah he had no idea, -.- here a video of his stream posting the guide on reddit he fully knew and was giving it out to his viewers... so dumb love how much u lie!

http://www.twitch.tv/youngmini/b/333249126 WATCH 3:42:00-3:46:00

and heres a screen shot of him posting my guide on reddit and giving me 100% credit...
http://i.imgur.com/ZWHhq.jpg
the time stamp is 3:45:24 on the video above

I Am Tolan

10-22-2012

bump

Xeynid

10-22-2012

and so this affects the league of legends General discussion community on the official league website... how?

The Camel Rider

10-22-2012

Its their site. They can do whatever the **** they want with it.

Friend is butt hurt? Too bad.

I Am Tolan

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeynid View Post
and so this affects the league of legends General discussion community on the official league website... how?
it may not affect you personally, but in the long run it will make a clear standing of good guides for all the league of legends community.

I Am Tolan

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camel Rider View Post
Its their site. They can do whatever the **** they want with it.

Friend is butt hurt? Too bad.
have you taken the time to read the guide? or look at all?

The moderator doesnt own the site at all BTW he just has power to abuse.

Arch4ik

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeynid View Post
General discussion lends itself to the General nature of League of Legends, general discussion with League somewhere in the topic.

GENERAL.....General....general....general

Generally speaking how does this not affect us? It covers a topic dealing with LoL somewhere in his post. If it doesnt affect US here in GD, who does it concern? Lore? Twisted Treeline?

I Am Tolan

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aexio View Post
General discussion lends itself to the General nature of League of Legends, general discussion with League somewhere in the topic.

GENERAL.....General....general....general

Generally speaking how does this not affect us? It covers a topic dealing with LoL somewhere in his post. If it doesnt affect US here in GD, who does it concern? Lore? Twisted Treeline?
thank you.

Riddlér

10-22-2012

I'll just leave this here........

In General Oddone We Trust

Ragnarokio

10-22-2012

This is injustice of the highest caliber!

1234511 ... 15