Honor Ribbons, Am I Getting Treated Different?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treeke

10-22-2012

It's just your imagination dude.

Porkbellytacos

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsWind View Post
OP how many teamworks do u have? im up to 57 still w/o it -.-

edit: u sure u dont have the "friendly" one. only teammates can see that one.
I have much less than 57. Want to say i am in the high 20's. Wonder why the difference? Reports maybe?

Hopefully its not a mistake and the red doesn't strip me of my green ribbon!

Zulgaines

10-22-2012

I have 74 teamwork ones and 38 honorary opponent, I got a message saying I unlocked a ribbon but I don't see it anywhere.

Not really sure how it works.

Hexenir

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkbellytacos View Post
I have much less than 57. Want to say i am in the high 20's. Wonder why the difference? Reports maybe?

Hopefully its not a mistake and the red doesn't strip me of my green ribbon!
Do you know anything you've been doing different from others?

Because Lyte suggested there's a trick other than obtaining other then Honor Points to get Honor Crests for Teamwork, Helpful and Friendly, and I really want to know what it is >.<

Deathlos

10-22-2012

Im certainly not treating anyone with ribbons any differently...

only thing i do differently is when i see one i get ready to see how many cheesy lines they come up with in pre-game and in-game chats.

one with like they teamwork ribbon i believe. i told em in champ select i wasnt the best at mid. they stuck me there anyhow.
talked all game on how i was doing fine... i got counterpicked and was sitting under my turrent throwing long ranged barrels to farm, watching as my lane raped all other ones...
all im thinking "Yes im doing better then you who stole my jungle, but fine i am not doing!"

Verxing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

hey OP I had the same thing happen to me, usually when I play ranked now people respect my opinion just a little bit more during the champion select. However the sad thing is most of the comment I get about my teamwork ribbon basically boil down to this "How much honor did it take you to earn that?" Its kind of disappointing to hear that so often especially since its not about how much you have its about how honorable you are to your team. Reading this thread just reinforces that point considering all the people asking about the amount of honor OP needed to get the ribbon

onboardtonowhere

10-22-2012

People troll me for having Great leader.

From "haha noob you traded honor" to "omg it's a great leader calling mid how'd you get that ribbon?"... I have thus went to support almost every game.

HabeQuiddam

10-22-2012

I've noticed that people play a lot more passively in lane against me mid if I have an honor ribbon and they don't, and more aggressively if we both do. I've exploited both reactions to my advantage. I think that because people misuse Honorable Opponent and give it to me when I do well, rather then when I show good sportsmanship, they assume me getting a red ribbon means I'm skilled, not polite as it really ought to mean. I enjoy their fear, but really, I'd prefer not getting random Honorables for games when I said literally nothing to the enemy team/did nothing deserving of it.

TheBuhdazzla

10-22-2012

OP, I don't have a teamwork ribbon have noticed at least in ranked that communication is up as is patience. I haven't noticed any change in normals, but I also don't have a teamwork ribbon (though teamwork is my second highest to honorable opponent).

Zulgaines

10-22-2012

It's hilarious sometimes when someone's trying to be so sweet they give you diabetes.

"Good work teemo! We might of all died too if you hadn't checked that bush!"