League of Legends Detox

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninja Disciple

10-22-2012

Hello everyone,

Let me begin this thread with the statement that I rarely post on the forums. I am an occasional viewer and rare poster on these forums as I have never felt it was necessary and have just been enjoying the game itself.

Recently, I had my account suspended for a few days and in the interim I have been thinking about League and the community as a whole. This thread is not about the ban itself but more of a brainstorming about the detoxifying effect being banned has on the player. Now I am sure many of you have been banned before and have come to the same realizations, but I digress.

League of Legends is a MOBA game, infamous for being addicting, fun to play & highly competitive. As such, many players find themselves playing for 5-6 hours a day, even during the work week, which can be considered an addiction. I was one of the players in that bracket, playing for probably about 50-60 hours a week, being highly aggressive and competitive. As is the nature of this game, sometimes that aggressive behavior comes out and gets me in trouble, as it has here.

TLDR: What I am really wondering is how many of you were negatively affected by a suspended account? How many players instead of vowing to do better things in their future LOL playing simply reflected upon their lives and how much time they have spent on this game? Has the ban period brought any 'enlightenment' to any other members of the community? Much with like addiction to drugs, an absence from the thing that has occupied your mind for so long can bring some clarity, and I am interested in hearing about what others have to say.

Thanks for listening.

PSKenshi

10-22-2012

I got banned for botting in wow, was the best thing to ever happen to me.

Ninja Disciple

10-22-2012

Yeah, Wow is a similar game based on addiction. Did it lead you to end up quitting the game?