Riot please buff Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

futuresight23

11-17-2012

Is he a perfectly viable champion? Yes. Would you expect to see him played in a professional tournament? Probably not. Would he suddenly become popular and good if some well known AD carry were to play him at a notable tournament? Who knows.

Out of all AD carries, where would you rank Varus?

The list being:

Varus, Ezreal, Graves, Corki, Tristana, Caitlyn, Ashe, Kogmaw, Vayne, Sivir, Miss Fortune, Draven, Twitch, Urgot, and I guess Teemo since he can technically qualify.

Maou

11-17-2012

Not sure what everyone is talking about but Varus is an extremely great adc. His snipe is just plain dirty and his ultimate can completely change fights.

futuresight23

12-02-2012

Every ADC besides Varus and Sivir were represented at IPL 5. That may be a telling statement about where Varus stands on the ADC totem pole at the moment.

Ferreira Pedro

12-02-2012

Varus doesn't need buffs. 90% of the time I play him seriously I win.

Try not maxing Q first.

aphronyaa

12-02-2012

Varus is perfect where he is.
If you're good and there's not much threat in lane, you can stomp your lane hard with Q max.
If not, you can go with max E trades.

He can trade with any ADC as long as you can prolong it to the point where you can get a few stacks. The AD's that beat him purely by skills include Ezreal/Graves the most simply because they can E out of your Q/E whichever you max.

He shines in teamfights the most, with a team who can protect him or if you're simply fed enough to kill them all (usually happens). With the ASPD bonus on kill/assist, you can kite like a god and kill people with max W stacks before they touch you. That said, you can't kite an assassin, so stay the hell back.

UnblestDevotee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

I seriously suggest an athenes on him. With it you add an extra 2% to your W not to mention the extra 40 damage, magic resist, and the important mana regen. With Varus the main thing is mana consumption so that pretty much ends it and allows you to q spam.

Eloquid

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerax53 View Post
Hi All I love Varus and would play him much more often, I think he is an amazing AD but because of his Weaknesses (squishy and not much of an escape/ easily ganked) I think that he needs a slight buff. Not much but just a little to push him to be chosen more often in ranked. Like give his blighted quiver an active as well as keep the passive or even make the passive a little stronger, do something. Am I alone here?
You're ****in crazy. He's already almost op.

Best Furry NA

12-03-2012

Varus' ulti is better than any other ADC IMO.

Kog'maw: Damage. But be careful, because unless you're AP Kog, this is rarely actually useful and soaks up mana.
Ezreal: ... Isn't this often used for farm, and hoping you nab someone? Except they live with 3 HP and recall? It is good, but not reliable.
Graves: Nice damage; actually a good one.

I could go on, but instead:

Varus: CC that could bind an entire team in place. That type of utility is amazing, and the reason why Amumu gets banned.

Kiffage

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveofswords View Post
uh no man. I think about the team and my place in it...and expect to do others to do the same. I ward when im support. (and i usually wind up playing support since i can play every role).I dont ward when im adc. adc warding is bad for the team.
This is why your elo sucks. You clearly don't understand that it's a team game.

Kiffage

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreira Pedro View Post
Varus doesn't need buffs. 90% of the time I play him seriously I win.

Try not maxing Q first.
You must be the best Varus ever!