@Morello, @Phreak, In the jungle,

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slothiroth

10-22-2012

The mighty jungle, the lion weeps tonight~

Morello, Lets talk about how to balance Top Lane Rengar more effectively without hurting Jungle Rengar.

While I understand Top Lane Rengar is a bully and strong right now (not overpowered), I think 1 particular nerf is unjustified and unnecessary. In your attempts to get top lane Rengar under control you continuously butcher jungle Rengar, and this duration nerf is the most hurtful so far. With the stealth duration decrease jungle Rengar loses aggression, reliability, strength, and ability to gank as efficiently. Sure you can just adjust to the new changes but, why nerf something that doesn't need to be? Why do a nerf that will do more hurt to the champion than good? It won't fix or balance anything.

His Q nerf I don't agree with but I accept and can see the justification of, the health regen nerf I understand as well but think it was a wee bit too hard. The ult cool-down increase I'm fine with. The ult duration nerf however is maddeningly confusing. The problem isn't the duration of the stealth, it's the fact that he enters it undelayed and uninterrupted no matter what you do. It's the fact that he has stealth in the first place that makes him slippery. Nerfing the duration of the ult isn't going to solve any problems top lane. Once anyone enters stealth during a gank they are safe, 2 seconds doesn't make any difference. He's still going to get away just as often in top lane.

What you need to do is make it so damage significantly delays his entry into stealth. Have it so taking damage from a champion delays his entry into stealth by up to 2 seconds. This is going to nerf top lane Rengar and Rengars who use his ult to escape by shaving off 2 seconds of his ult just like you originally intended, this will have absolutely no effect on jungle Rengars who use their ult for aggression and ganking.
Address the actual issue instead of trying to find roundabout ways of doing things.

Love ya Riot.

P.S. If something got jumbled and if it looks disorganized I apologize. Also, I'd go into more detail but I'm posting from my phone. =/
P.P.S. Yes I know what is on the PBE is not final and is subject to change.

StupidBlank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Warwick has been weeping longer

Slothiroth

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidBlank View Post
Warwick has been weeping longer
I agree but apparently the new jungle is being designed to stifle those large, glistening Warwick tears.

StupidBlank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure White Lover View Post
I agree but apparently the new jungle is being designed to stifle those large, glistening Warwick tears.
I am excite... I must admit

Back to Rengar though, He's just so strong top lane, and they'd rather someone be UP than OP. Also, it's easier to buff champs than nerf them I think.

CritsAProcess

10-22-2012

So, basically, you'd rather they just slap him on the paws and call it k.

LOL.

No, Late game Rengar has incredible Burst Damage, Sustain, Sustained Damage, Tankiness, Chasing, and Mobility. He can build almost pure Tank Items at 2 shot your Carries.

That's stupid.

He needs to be nerfed Hard.

And it's coming, oh, it's coming.

I'll grin and laugh when it hits the live servers. Yes I will.

Slothiroth

10-22-2012

Like I said though, nerfing the duration won't solve any of the problems top lane. It will just create problems for jungle Rengar.

Top lane Rengar doesn't notice duration nerfs, jungle Rengar gets shot in the knees.

You're right though, they can buff him later if they feel it was too much.

BeesKneesMcGee

10-22-2012

Sorry to ask, but what exactly are they doing to the jungle now? o_o

Slothiroth

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigleBilly View Post
Sorry to ask, but what exactly are they doing to the jungle now? o_o
I'd like to keep this thread on the topic of Rengar but basically they are changing the jungle in season 3 to make camps more rewarding and to bring single target junglers like WW back.

Slothiroth

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritsAProcess View Post
So, basically, you'd rather they just slap him on the paws and call it k.

LOL.

No, Late game Rengar has incredible Burst Damage, Sustain, Sustained Damage, Tankiness, Chasing, and Mobility. He can build almost pure Tank Items at 2 shot your Carries.

That's stupid.

He needs to be nerfed Hard.

And it's coming, oh, it's coming.

I'll grin and laugh when it hits the live servers. Yes I will.
Slap on the paws? He has been nerfed hard already and he is getting another hard nerf this upcoming patch. I'm addressing only one of the nerfs in this thread, his ult duration nerf. I'm also proposing another nerf in place of the duration nerf to more directly address the problem. I'm actually trying to make your life easier.

I don't understand why you have to react with anger, hostility, and spite when I'm trying to have a chill and productive discussion. If you didn't notice I'm fine with all the other nerfs. Attacking me like I'm against all the nerfs is just a product of your blind anger.

Luff Song

10-22-2012

Creative title and good idea.

+1 and a bump.