wtf riot, riot points only for skins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-20-2009

Come back when you've finished school and got a job, Junior. I am sure once you make your own income instead of begging your daddy for a dine, it'll be all better.

I mean from a work that actually pays, like, not burger flipper in McDonalds or Bubblegum scraper at the train station.

It's not REALLY big sums. You're spending more money watching something at the cinema... Alot more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loves Misty

The Council

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
screw that, not everyone is fortunate enough to have money to spend on a game, however, i do put alot of time into this game and i agree, some things should be kept as riot points only, but skins themselves at least should have an IP value...if you sit there for hours grinding friken IP for days, you should have similar privleges as people who have a fat wallet.
Idk why you would think that skins were going to be IP as well...its a visual mod? Its pretty much a standard in f2p games to have visual perks as money only. Like it's over the top obvious. And the fact that EVERYTHING else in the game is free...is more than enough as compensation for oh hey..that guy paid a few dollars to look blue..wah...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zohariel

Senior Member

11-20-2009

As far as I can gather:
You don't have to pay anything for anything instore that would affect your performance as a player. That means runes, champs etc, so in theory everyone who plays this game for free could have the same advantages as everyone who paid for the Collector's edition.

However, Riot has to make money somewhere, so Influence points are used only on keeping things fair. Cosmetic changes, large bundles of champions, and anything that makes life more convenient out of game - that's going to cost money.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

twiggy

Member

11-20-2009

junior? sorry kid im a college student, its hard to find a job in this bull**** recession. If you guys have all the money in the world to spend then good for u, like i said other people not just myself arent as fortunate. Yeah, skins are just a visual mod, but they are still fun to have and overall improve the gamers experience. But its not just the skins, 6300 ip for a single hero? wtf? it took me 21 levels to grind 15k ip. 1-2k per rune? yeah okay. This is just another game that people with loads of money will dominate in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krashwire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
screw that, not everyone is fortunate enough to have money to spend on a game, however, i do put alot of time into this game and i agree, some things should be kept as riot points only, but skins themselves at least should have an IP value...if you sit there for hours grinding friken IP for days, you should have similar privleges as people who have a fat wallet.

No. You are wrong. 100% wrong. In fact people who actually pay should have significantly more privileges over a sponge who does not pay at all. If you have time to be grinding through that many games go get a job and buy some Riot points. If you like the game support it, stop being a sponge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
junior? sorry kid im a college student, its hard to find a job in this bull**** recession. If you guys have all the money in the world to spend then good for u, like i said other people not just myself arent as fortunate. Yeah, skins are just a visual mod, but they are still fun to have and overall improve the gamers experience. But its not just the skins, 6300 ip for a single hero? wtf? it took me 21 levels to grind 15k ip. 1-2k per rune? yeah okay. This is just another game that people with loads of money will dominate in.
Actually the recession ended.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loves Misty

The Council

11-20-2009

Shamelessly...I haven't spent a dime on this game yet, because even with a job i have other priorities.."currently" although i plan on buying tons of OP Skins in the future, and I doubt anyone is going to have an advantage on me with money...in about two more weeks Ill have my main hero and runebook..so it comes down to skill. :-9


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

twiggy

Member

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krashwire View Post
No. You are wrong. 100% wrong. In fact people who actually pay should have significantly more privileges over a sponge who does not pay at all. If you have time to be grinding through that many games go get a job and buy some Riot points. If you like the game support it, stop being a sponge.
its not that im sponging, and im not saying people who pay shouldnt have alot more privileges. Getting a job while in college is easier said then done, ive been trying for months. Even with a job, my money has to go to more important places, like bills and ****. (Some of us have responsibilities) But whatever, good luck getting anything done without paying loads of money, especially those of us who dont have money =/

all im saying is that if im gonna put alot of time grinding into a game i like to play, i should be able to also get skins for my effort.

ps.many people with jobs are still broke.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

twiggy

Member

11-20-2009

ALSO, i need to buy weed instead of skins, hope u guys understand....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smithz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
junior? sorry kid im a college student, its hard to find a job in this bull**** recession. If you guys have all the money in the world to spend then good for u, like i said other people not just myself arent as fortunate. Yeah, skins are just a visual mod, but they are still fun to have and overall improve the gamers experience. But its not just the skins, 6300 ip for a single hero? wtf? it took me 21 levels to grind 15k ip. 1-2k per rune? yeah okay. This is just another game that people with loads of money will dominate in.
He wasn't talking about your age, he was talking about your maturity and mentality