How much farm by 10 minutes?

50 - 100 69 55.65%
100 - 150 43 34.68%
150 - 200 4 3.23%
200 - Up 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

How do I ADC better?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaneran

10-22-2012

I have switched a lot on my ranked team, we haven't yet played a ranked, but we have practiced. I know that no one on my team can ADC as well as we hoped, until I realized I'm stunning at killing other champions, but am not great at farming. I can position well too, this is why i was Jungler and top lane. Now i realize my potential on ADC because I went 7 and 1 my first time ADC, I am level 30. But I just wanted to know any tips, hints or tricks anyone knows. Thanks a bunch. I'm only OK at farming, any tips for that would especially help.

RayK47

10-22-2012

Well, when playing ADC. You always want to stay at the back of your lane letting your support staying in between you and the other team. Always be on the lookout of the wards placed in the river for ganks from the other team and be ready for your support to initiate or your jungle to gank.

Start with boots and 3 pots (unless you want to go for early damage then take doran's blade but then recall quickly back to get boots).

Try to last hit minions as best as you can without going past your own minion line (especially against supports like alistar, janna, sona and leona since they have early stuns, pokes, and knockups which make you an easy target for their ADC to do some work on you). So always try to stay behind your minion line while trying to get cs.

Don't try to push your lane with only you and your support because then their ADC will have an easier time getting cs at him own tower. Push your lane when your jungler is with you so it will be 3v2.

Hopefully this helps you! I main ADC so you can try to take my pointers if you'd like. But if not have good games!

GreyPowerVan

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayK47 View Post
stuff!
His advice is pretty decent for a beginner, but the more experienced you get with ADC the better you'll play. I play really really aggressive on Ezreal and Corki, even though my lasthitting suffers from it, I usually can zone out their adc and outfarm him or even kill him.

Don't get into a passive farm-war with a weaker lane than yours.

Amatzikahni

10-22-2012

I actually get in the face of any Blitz I see. I always position myself right behind a minion with respect to his current position and that completely negates his combo. This allows me maximum zoning potential against their AD, and if I have a shield or a heal, I can keep poking them until they're out of pots and then zoned. As long as you know how to poke, your lane won't push that much and you won't take much minion damage.

Other than that, if their support uses a cooldown at the wrong time, instantly initiate. Your support should still have all his CD's which means you should either win the fight or trade supports and zone the enemy carry. Otherwise, to be aggressive, follow your support in when they use a cooldown and back off when the effects are about to wear off (or slightly after, comp depending). Let me give you two examples. One, I'm playing Taric against a Janna. She uses her shield to let her AD run in and get one AA onto my AD. I start bumrushing their turret (the only place they can retreat to) and wait for the shield to go down, then stun and start my combo. Janna can now only knock us up (and with a short charge, it won't be for very long or deal much damage). My damage combined with my AD's damage while their AD is stunned means that we should win the fight easily. Janna messed up her shield and her AD extended too far in this scenario. The second example, I'm Janna against a Sona. Sona just keeps poking, and I want my lane to pull. I run near her and expect a Q+AA, so I shield and take the hit. I repeat this maybe 6-9 times and Sona's nearly OOM. Knowing this, I start charging them both with my AD right behind me and slow their carry into a tornado after the flash, and I shield my AD to deal maximum damage during the harass. After they're forced to go back, we push the minion waves quickly and they lose 2-3 waves' worth of XP while we also go back for items. If our jungler is around, that scenario often turns out to be a successful dive. You have to know your cooldown limitations and how/when to harass and when to retreat. Other than that, always try to pull your lane by last hitting minions at the last possible moment, and don't get caught too far from your turret without cooldowns or wards.

To answer the poll, you should technically have the most CS on your team except when the mids are having wraith wars. If you're getting kills, you can obviously sacrifice some CS because the kills are clearly worth more than 3-6 minions. However, even if you're simply beating your opponent, you shouldn't do so at the expense of being too far behind the CS leaders because you'll also be just as worthless as their AD when the mids and tops are oneshotting each other. Always try to last hit, and don't leave lane too often or you'll keep missing waves that they push to your tower. Maximal CS is ~107 for mids and ~100 for sides by 10 minutes, and during farm wars, I always push for 80 minimum. If you're harassing and winning, then that number could be a bit less but anything under 50 and I consider myself worthless for the midgame (even with 3+ kills since it doesn't take 4 minutes of 0 CS to get them).

Mondeezy

10-22-2012

I've improved my ADC a lot by learning how to trade versus certain lane match-ups, and going into bot games once a day and practicing my last hitting.

I usually try to clear 11mins worth of minion waves without missing one, and occasionally poking the beginner bot I'm laning against.

Try it out, you'd be surprised how many CS you miss even without having to deal with the other players (I know I was).

y0pla1t

10-22-2012

First off, your poll has some pretty bad vote categories...it should be something more like:
<50
50-70
70-90
90-110
>110

If you're at bot lane...the max cs you can (from lane) at 10 minutes get isn't much past 100 so i have no clue where the person who voted over 150 is getting that from...maybe they're farming double golems AND wraiths without missing cs in lane? (...right)

Depending on your ELO, you're cs expectations should be adjusted. If you're in lower elo just getting 4-5 minions per wave is good enough. When you start reaching higher skill levels you shouldn't be missing but maybe one cs/wave. That said, if you're playing more agressive and zoning you can give up some CS...same with getting kills.

It's been a while since I've tried to keep track but if you're actively trying to last hit and you're timing is even once out of 5 waves you probably need some work. When I'm playing passive or aggressive but playing extremely well (for me) I'm usually around 90-100cs at 10 min. I'm at 1300-1400 elo and at this point my enemy is usually stuck around 60-70cs so it's a HUGE advantage.

SprFcknFlavorful

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyPowerVan View Post
His advice is pretty decent for a beginner, but the more experienced you get with ADC the better you'll play. I play really really aggressive on Ezreal and Corki, even though my lasthitting suffers from it, I usually can zone out their adc and outfarm him or even kill him.

Don't get into a passive farm-war with a weaker lane than yours.
I think this is exactly the direction discussion should be focused on. Playing an ADC means much more than cs and poke in lane. Not to say that these are not important, they certainly are and I would argue they are the basis for playing a strong ADC, but they are not the only factors that determine how well you do. Learning about the types of duos bot lane is important because it can help you determine how aggressive or passive you must be in lane in order to beat them.

ninjagear

10-22-2012

mechanically:
1. higher cs then enemy adc
2. controlling ur lane's push (freezing)
3. poking enemy ADC whenever he attempts to last hit (zoning)
4. assisting support with harass whenever u dont sacrifice CS to do so
5. knowing when the enemy adc will take fatal damage against a combo from u and ur support despite any counterplay available to himself and his support

game presence:
1. setting up proper when ur jungler is near ur lane (baiting)
2. assisting jungler duels (map awareness)
3. ganking mid (map awareness)
4. stealing the enemy junglers buff near u (timers)
5. calling out when enemy wards are placed in ur lane and when they drop off (timers)
6. controlling dragon (map awareness)

there is prolly more but i cant think atm sorry

xDEUCESx

10-22-2012

biggest advice is go into custom games by urself and practice getting every last hit until you can get close to 100%. If you have positioning down in team fights you are already way ahead of most adc's. One thing you may want to try is harrassing the enemy(support or adc) in between last hitting

redhead1183

12-10-2012

Thanks for starting this thread! I am always looking to improve my skill in different roles.

My advice for ADC is to communicate well with your support. I main the support role and it is very difficult when the ADC is too focused on last hitting that they miss a kill oppertunity that the support has provided. Also it can help the support to better assist the ADC when they are talking specifics.

I love the advice that has been provided. If any of you have the time and knowledge I started another thread looking for advice for the support role. Feel free to stop by and give some tips for your supports.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...support+advice