How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustakrakish13

Junior Member

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallic View Post
Yes, yes! Finally, a precedent for this situation!

The Shadow Isles is an event, yes. But it's not a holiday skin event.
The Championship was a holiday??? Dang, i forgot to invite my family over jk... i dont have one


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Grey Wolf

Senior Member

10-22-2012

I hope they are event only. If they are event only I am going to buy the Haunted Maokai and Underworld Twisted Fate. If not then I probably wont buy either of them, not right now anyways...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrankyCentaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xXScramblesXx1 View Post
I love Festive Maokai and anytime i see him i let the player know they have a cool skin, sadly i dont think I'll have a chance to get it... but I plan on getting the Hecarim and Maokai skins no matter what. It'd just be nice to have these legacy so maybe someday people can see them and be inspired to grab a legacy or Limited skin when they next batch comes out. Its almost a tradition right?
Actually, sir, Festive Maokai is a Legacy skin as well, so you might see him available in the future (likely near Christmas.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustakrakish13

Junior Member

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyCentaur View Post
Actually, sir, Festive Maokai is a Legacy skin as well, so you might see him available in the future (likely near Christmas.)
Ahh! the joy of legacy. See! Now i got something to look forward to :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0neechan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-22-2012

Shadow Isle skins are promoting new TT map...they are not halloween!
That being said i could understand making them legacy based on the fact they are to promote the new map BUT that isnt really the problem.

The problem is that this whole thing is about people who either think they are halloween skins(which they are not) or...the bigger problem that a bunch of people(prbly smaller group then u think considering they spam on multiple accounts) just want bragging rights.

IMO this poll should be invalid because this is a mob mentality...the masses(if they even are) just want to feel superior with the limited skins, now its not necessarily bad but u happen to already have 3 legacy skins for this event....which means making another 3 legacy makes a total of 7(including riven championship) in one month and that is extremely unfair to most players who do not have that kind of money( btw i doubt most people even have all 7 of the champions anyway so they would have to buy those too)

I suggest that if u are going to make the Shadow Isle skins legacy then make them available for a longer...perhaps till the end of november so that people could have a chance.

...oh, and i almost forgot, ontop of all the skins theres also ward skins to factor in...i wonder much money riot thinks an average player spends in a month


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hmisay

Senior Member

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourescence View Post
I really don't get it. I just don't.


So far, I've only really gotten the argument that people want it to be limited so that they can have it and people a month from now won't and in that way they'll be "unique"...



So legacy people, win me over to your side, because I just do not get it. And please don't say this "It's just how it is", or "Event skins are always legacy", or **** like that. Give me a good, logical argument for making these skins, heck, ANY skin, legacy, because it is a mystery.
People are going to downvote you because they don't have a reason beyond wanting to be unique.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XElement

Senior Member

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jremmons View Post
Because some people really like these skins because they are of superior quality to some other available skins and so it would be nice to have them available for all players when they have the funds to acquire them. If the other Hecarim and Maokai skins were even close to the quality of these two skins, I wouldn't mind them being legacy.
Blackthorn morg.
She is avaiblable to everybody, she has falling leaves and amazing particles.
All new skins coming out are amazing in quality.
The new Xerath skin. Astronaught, pool party ziggs, Full metal rammus, Special forces GP, pentakill olaf. I could keep on going on and on...

Point is, pretty much all t he new skins are high quality. The high quality is thanks to the skin per release change (champs begin with one skin now on).

Hec has the same quality as the skins i listed above. Only big difference is the fact it is a theme skin for an event. Maokai, same way. He fits a theme but he has the same high quality as say Blackthorn morg.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaddar

Senior Member

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourescence View Post
I really don't get it. I just don't.


So far, I've only really gotten the argument that people want it to be limited so that they can have it and people a month from now won't and in that way they'll be "unique"...



So legacy people, win me over to your side, because I just do not get it. And please don't say this "It's just how it is", or "Event skins are always legacy", or **** like that. Give me a good, logical argument for making these skins, heck, ANY skin, legacy, because it is a mystery.

there have been EXCELENT posts defending why all these three skins should be Legacy.

if you are only gotten the "I want it becase others won't have it" argument... you are clearly not reading well enough.. if fact, BARELY ANYONE in favor of the Legacy has been pulling out the argument you say "it's the only one you've gotten"

go, read the posts on this forum, and then come back.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spicyurn

Senior Member

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourescence View Post
I really don't get it. I just don't.


So far, I've only really gotten the argument that people want it to be limited so that they can have it and people a month from now won't and in that way they'll be "unique"...



So legacy people, win me over to your side, because I just do not get it. And please don't say this "It's just how it is", or "Event skins are always legacy", or **** like that. Give me a good, logical argument for making these skins, heck, ANY skin, legacy, because it is a mystery.
I don't know if that's possible if you just don't like the idea of legacy skins, but I can try.

Some people enjoy seeing the skins in game, they like the fact that they were only around for a limited time, and that they are rare. It's kind of a treat to see them, even if you don't own them. Owning one is fun as well because you have something that is somewhat rare, and many people enjoy that feeling.

If you don't enjoy either of those two things, I doubt any argument will make you, but I'll leave you with this:
A lot of people do like them, which you can recognize. Riot has decided that the benefit of having a small number of limited time skins, which provides enjoyment to the people I described above, outweighs the cons of people who do not like the idea not being able to have them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seungsei

Senior Member

10-22-2012

These forums say more about demographics than anything else.