How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

• The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
• The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited – Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinjikuna

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkrie View Post
Don't you read what I said in a post before this ? If you can't buy the 6 skins then go for 3 but making them permanent because people like you can't rush them isn't fair. I like 4 of the 6 skins but I know that I can just buy one.

BTW I'm sure that the 90% of the people that wants to buy the 6 skins don't play some of these champs.
I'm sorry, but this is a open discussion and I should be able to put my opinion out there, whether you said anything or not, sir.

It is fair to make half them perm and the other half not because it's fair to take into account the entire community and not just the ones who can put 60 bucks into the game when they feel like it.

Muyami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjikuna View Post
I'm sorry, but this is a open discussion and I should be able to put my opinion out there, whether you said anything or not, sir.

It is fair to make half them perm and the other half not because it's fair to take into account the entire community and not just the ones who can put 60 bucks into the game when they feel like it.
I have to agree with Shinjikuna. The entire community cannot afford to miss out on 6 skins, thats just not fair. There have been big sales before, like Christmas for example, but that goes on for a lot longer, and its a time when money is a little more available, due to gifts. Not for Halloween. I voted that Shadowisles to be a non-permanent skinset, because this a PERMANENT map, so why not make the skins the same?

Nintura

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This is a follow up to the poll a couple days ago on Shadow Isles and Harrowing skins. Based on the evolving results since the first poll was called final, we have taken steps this weekend to ensure we can make a last minute change to the skin plan if the results warrant.

We have decided to repost a simpler version of the poll to address only the question that is now inconclusive from the first poll. Should the Shadow Isle skins stay in the store after the Harrowing holiday? The skins in question are:

Headless Hecarim
Haunted Maokai
Underworld Twisted Fate

The poll will be posted on NA, EUW and EUNE and the results will be tabulated at the end of Monday.

They should be limited. It gives them a special quality down the road when you can't buy them anymore. I constantly get comments on my Pumpkinhead Fiddle because nobody sees them anymore and people enjoy it.

MalĂ­ce

Recruiter

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippalus View Post
the 2011 harrowing skins were sold as limited edition and thus are ineligible to come back into the store. We have been working on a possible trading system for limited edition skins but there are many hurdles and it is unlikely to be available any time soon.

ermahgerd i need this in my life i want bewitching nidaree!

Phykos

10-22-2012

Ugh. I hate this community. You'd rather deprive people who can't afford to buy everything at once, for exclusivity, than to let everyone get them whenever?

I don't even get the argument. The Shadow Isles are just a set of themed of skins technically independant of Halloween or any holiday, and it is not like the Harrowing which is tied specifically to a specific time. Shadow Isles should be permanent, it is the only thing that makes sense. So screw you guys for voting like you did, so much rampant selfishness in this community.

I understand making the Harrowing skins exclusive as they are only for Halloween. The Shadow Isles however are not, and the community shouldn't be able to change that out of some ridiculously absurd desire for rarity on items that weren't originally meant to be rare and were not initially time linked.

Nintura

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Harrowing 2013 is a long way away so I can't make any commitments, but yes, 2012 Legacy skins are eligible to come back for that holiday. They may be made available for all players, or only for players who have shown good behavior in-game since their release, or they may not come back at all. The first two possibilities are the most likely.

To be honest Hipp, making skins only available to people with good records won't really improve the community. The people who troll intentionally, don't care about their accounts or if they get banned. I would have to assume they wouldn't care about buying a skin if they "behaved"

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyami View Post
:/ I don't see that its fair to make two sets of legacy skins in such short duration between each other. That's a lot of money Riot expects us to shell out in a short amount of time, and some of us just can't afford that. This makes it unfair for us who play the game a lot, but due to little or no income, miss out on not just one, two or even three new skins, but six. That's just ridiculous.
Harrowing event goes until November 13. Plenty of time.

Altonious

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebof View Post
I bet everyone that voted for permanent skins isn't even going to buy them, and they just want to mess with people that will and can buy them, btw everyone saying that only rich kids will instabuy the 6 of them dont know what they are talking about , imo people that buy skins is mostly people like me who have a part time job and are happy to spend a little bit of their paycheck to support the game, instead of raging against people that can afford a few skins now and then go get a job and help the global economy, god knows she needs all the help she can get.
And i bet that your wrong, for them to make 6 legacy skins at once is a bit more than the average LoL player could afford to get. I for one voted for them to be permanent as there is no reason for them to be legacy, and if they were to end up permanent i would buy them.

And on another note, why should they be legacy when they are less halloween themed than the actual harrowing skins, pirate ryze has a trick-or-treating bucket. The people saying that headless horseman is a halloween myth are also wrong, the legend has been around long before the holiday.

And one more thing, the only reason anyone wants all 6 skins to be legacy is so they can be even more elitist and have a bigger E-PEEN.

Dr W

10-22-2012

Wow **** this community. Why would you want skins to be available. Srsly, **** the LoL community.

spicyurn

10-22-2012

I had no idea so many people wanted to buy all 6 skins. I can see one or two, if they coincide with champs you play or you really like the skin, but 6?