How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auryx

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexTheHex View Post
There will be confusion on which are Harrowing and which are not. Releasing a group of awesome scary skins and having part of them be legacy and the other not will cause some confusion. People also bought Hecarim and Maokai in the sale before it was revealed that their skins didn't count as Harrowing skins. I feel like this reason alone makes it important to make them legacy as well, to avoid the back lash and confusion that releasing many simialr themed skins together could create with part being not considered in the same group.

All three of them fit the Harrowing theme well, and even if they didn't... they are supporting the release and celebration of the new beautiful map. Something I think is a timed event.
This.
This is the ONLY reason I'd vote for them to be legacy.
If they were not released/announced basically when EVERYONE was expecting Harrowing skins to be announced, there would not be nearly as big of a backlash as there is against them being permanent.

Poorly timed release...

Pignite

10-22-2012

Legacyyyyyyyyy

Jarzelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Permanent would be the best option, to be like the rest of game event-type releases.

CarbonWyre

10-22-2012

I think they should come out every harrowing nd then be cycled out after so long. Like Harrowing skins can only be bought on Harrowing but every harrowing now just one or another

Tetroneaque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Well they will be legacy which means they'll have a chance to come back. So I vote legacy.

Ravechaosknight

10-22-2012

I don't get payed til the first. I swear to the Spider Lord of the Shadow Isles if the skins are limited to the Harrowing event, and not extended to sometime in November I'll cry. Heck, I'll cry now for good measure. ;-;

Edit: Hey Hippalus, mind sharing the actual time for the Harrowing event so that the decision is a fully informed one. Kinda lame, giving us a vague choice without a time frame to judge if it's a fair amount of time to purchase in?

No offense buddy, but you(or the marketing team) are terrabad at waiting to announce things until just before it happens.

Edit 2: Good Guy Hippalus, answered my edit before I finished it, lol

Slashiroth

10-22-2012

I said permanent because they arent that good, haunted maokai for example is really bland. I dont like skins that are sold purely for being legacy.

Zombie brand is amazing and i'd opt for that to be legacy though

Tetroneaque

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravechaosknight View Post
I don't get payed til the first. I swear to the Spider Lord of the Shadow Isles if the skins are limited to the Harrowing event, and not extended to sometime in November I'll cry. Heck, I'll cry now for good measure. ;-;
I think the cut off for the Harrowing is November 3rd or something. So you should be set.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-22-2012
2 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravechaosknight View Post
The official end date of the Harrowing holiday is November 13, so either way, the skins will be in the Store in early November.

Shosuko

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonWyre View Post
I think they should come out every harrowing nd then be cycled out after so long. Like Harrowing skins can only be bought on Harrowing but every harrowing now just one or another
except they don't do this.

No legacy skin has been made available yet.

And honestly - if they took them out, and brought them back next halloween, it would devalue it as much as these skin horders are whining about.

I understand you guys want to be the unique and cool ****ing snowflake *****s your momma always promised you were, but this is ridic getting 6x limited, 3 of which are themed for a rework of the 3v3 map, new champ release, and new faction incoming, NOT HALLOWEEN!!!!