How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verthy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Legacy skins.

TheGreatDusknoir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Dead even, awk

Firlyean

10-22-2012

Guys, these aren't Harrowing skins, these are skins tying them to the Secret Isle (akin to Poppy's Noxus skin and Katarina's Bildgewater skin). Harrowing skins are the skins where the champs dress up in costume.

Shadow Isles is supposed to signify a death/undead theme. Dead/Spooky =/= Halloween (eg. Definitely not Blitzcrank). I mean, how often do you see people dressed up in non-spooky costumes (police, firefighters, etc etc). I mean, how many spooky skins out there are NOT Harrowing skins (eg. Undertaker Yorick, Spectral Fiddlesticks/Gang Plank, Count Vladmir)?

Not to also mention, there are ALREADY harrowing skins made for this year:
Zombie Brand
Teacher Fiora
Pirate Ryze
THESE are the Halloween skins, not the Shadow Isles. People are confusing the two together. Harrowing is Harrowing, Shadow Isles is Shadow Isles. The Harrowing skins are already slated to be legacy, you make Shadow Isles skins legacy too and you're talking about SIX legacy skins.

Plus, Mao'kai and Hecarim could use some more skins.

Tetroneaque

10-22-2012

Right now votes are only 1 apart. XD

VexTheHex

10-22-2012

There will be confusion on which are Harrowing and which are not. Releasing a group of awesome scary skins and having part of them be legacy and the other not will cause some confusion. People also bought Hecarim and Maokai in the sale before it was revealed that their skins didn't count as Harrowing skins. I feel like this reason alone makes it important to make them legacy as well, to avoid the back lash and confusion that releasing many simialr themed skins together could create with part being not considered in the same group.

All three of them fit the Harrowing theme well, and even if they didn't... they are supporting the release and celebration of the new beautiful map. Something I think is a timed event.

Cooper

10-22-2012

Less people will buy them over all if they were perm if they are limited or legacy everyone with rush like crazy people to buy them.

Im Contributing

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This is a follow up to the poll a couple days ago on Shadow Isles and Harrowing skins. Based on the evolving results since the first poll was called final, we have taken steps this weekend to ensure we can make a last minute change to the skin plan if the results warrant.

We have decided to repost a simpler version of the poll to address only the question that is now inconclusive from the first poll. Should the Shadow Isle skins stay in the store after the Harrowing holiday? The skins in question are:

Headless Hecarim
Haunted Maokai
Underworld Twisted Fate

The poll will be posted on NA, EUW and EUNE and the results will be tabulated at the end of Monday.
In my honest opinion, the only skin that doesn't really give me the Halloween feel would definately be Underworld Twisted Fate. Haunted Maokai and Headless Hecarim definitely seem like Halloween skins, while Underworld doesn't really have the zing that Hecarim and Maokai have.

The Guardian 009

10-22-2012

Will the poll be placed in the announcments of the patcher so that everyone has a say in it? Not everyone creeps through these forums you know...

The Lunar Revel skins were permanent.... just thought to throw that out there... Also the Shadow Isle skins fit the creepy theme of hallowe'en but the other hallowe'en skins are about dressing up and stuff (look at all of them). The Shadow Isle skins are just epic.

The Harrowing skins is to celebrate Hallowe'en. The Shadow Isle is to celebrate the new Twisted Treeline map.

Game

10-22-2012

Thank god! Harrowing Event only PLEASE! Come on guys don't let these skins lose their value by letting them stay permanently!

Merp Island

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This is a follow up to the poll a couple days ago on Shadow Isles and Harrowing skins. Based on the evolving results since the first poll was called final, we have taken steps this weekend to ensure we can make a last minute change to the skin plan if the results warrant.

We have decided to repost a simpler version of the poll to address only the question that is now inconclusive from the first poll. Should the Shadow Isle skins stay in the store after the Harrowing holiday? The skins in question are:

Headless Hecarim
Haunted Maokai
Underworld Twisted Fate

The poll will be posted on NA, EUW and EUNE and the results will be tabulated at the end of Monday.
How can Headless Hecarim even be under consideration to be a permanent skin?? I mean there is a friggin pumpkin on his head!! If this skin isn't "holiday" specific, I dont know what is.