How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

guitarnoob16

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorLetoII View Post
Limited is for those who are too stupid to think something has more value just cause other people don't have it.
lol..thats the definition of valuable...being rare...let me break it down to you...which is more valuable grass or gold...if you had $100 would you buy a bundle of grass or a chunk of gold...tell me your reason for your choice...

Funkdoobiest

10-23-2012

Do you honestly think a poll with less than ten thousand votes is representative of the player base? Why not try putting the poll in the game client, or at least a link to it.

Taikero

10-23-2012

I do not agree with this decision at all.

Riot originally stated that Shadow Isles skins would be permanent.
Riot created a poll to make a quick decision that showed Shadow Isles skins should be permanent.

This was two clear instances where it was believed that permanent skins were better, and frankly, they are when you consider future customers and long-term sales.

Then you create this third poll that hoses future players out of the best skins of this time period. Headless Hecarim and Haunted Maokai are great skins, and especially Headless Hecarim has real life lore associated with the skin, and it's an utter shame that these skins will be Legacy.

I'm frankly disappointed.

JoanTheDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
We weren't sure what the player expectations and preferences would be around the Shadow Isles skins given the timing and design of the skins made them very similar to Harrowing skins. So rather than make an assumption, we decided to ask the players.
Why didn't you guys did this with Ward Skins then?

Fran13r

Recruiter

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by attredies View Post
If people are upset with the fact that you are using the forum population as a gauge for the poll, why not make a news item in the client saying "should shadow isles launch skins be legacy? voice your opinion now!" and leave it up for a few days, that way those who don't use the forums can still have access?

honestly I think the results will be the same, but it would appease some of those whiners...
If the results are the same, we come up as whiners, but if it changes, does that make you an entitled jerk?

no, it doesn't, we're not whiners either, we're using common sense here, i don't even plan to buy the skins, i just find dumb the fact that riot made a decision based on 9k people on the forums, which is to say the least, silly.

Yasuchika

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikero View Post
I do not agree with this decision at all.

Riot originally stated that Shadow Isles skins would be permanent.
Riot created a poll to make a quick decision that showed Shadow Isles skins should be permanent.

This was two clear instances where it was believed that permanent skins were better, and frankly, they are when you consider future customers and long-term sales.

Then you create this third poll that hoses future players out of the best skins of this time period. Headless Hecarim and Haunted Maokai are great skins, and especially Headless Hecarim has real life lore associated with the skin, and it's an utter shame that these skins will be Legacy.

I'm frankly disappointed.
Riot originally stated that all skins would be legacy until some people there suggested they might be permanent. The first poll showed that more people wanted it permanent, but it was only up for an hour or two and the results weren't reliable.

Now there's this poll, which has been up for a whole day, so the results should be more accurate as far as community opinion goes.

Locke Cole

10-23-2012

I'm finding the "I won't have the money" argument a bit weak.

Halloween comes the same time every year. There have always been limited skins around then and Christmas since the game's release.

Should have kept that in mind and prepared a bit better, imo.

Trivle

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran13r View Post
If the results are the same, we come up as whiners, but if it changes, does that make you an entitled jerk?

no, it doesn't, we're not whiners either, we're using common sense here, i don't even plan to buy the skins, i just find dumb the fact that riot made a decision based on 9k people on the forums, which is to say the least, silly.
In both cases of the two polls "common sense" works on both sides. It turns out that people complain even if they didn't have the skins at all. Every decision made by a corporation turns out to be frowned upon by a small group (at least) in some way.

Phykos

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornan View Post
I'm finding the "I won't have the money" argument a bit weak.

Halloween comes the same time every year. There have always been limited skins around then and Christmas since the game's release.

Should have kept that in mind and prepared a bit better, imo.
Spoken like someone who isn't on his own yet. Things happen, situations change. You can be as prepared as possible and still have things blow up in your face. :/

Usod

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkdoobiest View Post
Do you honestly think a poll with less than ten thousand votes is representative of the player base? Why not try putting the poll in the game client, or at least a link to it.
The poll was put in NA, Eu and EuW. The trend remained the same.

Either way; one party or the other was going to be disappointed. One outcome would have devalued some skins and changed a tradition thats been around LoL for ages. (Anyone else still get pumped when they see a rare- no longer available skin in game? I do.) Its a nod to those who continue to support the game, and a souvenir of holidays past (That feeling of, Yeah! I was there for snowdown 2010! etc...).

The skins aren't mandatory, and its not the first time theyve done a limited skin. People cant expect (Holiday inspired or special event skins) to have them be permanent simply because they cant afford it at the time. I garuntee they would lose their flare if they were permanent; Look at all the people who would have passed on alot of previous limited skins if they werent limited.

Even seeing legacy/holiday skins ive passed up on in the past; i get stoked seeing them given how rare they become.