Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

• The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5878 60.19%
• The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3888 39.81%
Voters 9766 .

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited – Legacy or Permanent?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaper

Senior Recruiter

10-23-2012

60% of the community gives 40% of the community the big green weenie

Retsopmi

Recruiter

10-23-2012

Quote:
Reaper:
60% of the community gives 40% of the community the big green weenie

60% of the forums. Which is probably less then 5% of the whole community. I will never understand the need to listen to the smallest subset of a community. The forums are ALWAYS the smallest group of players.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-23-2012

Quote:
Numot:
Thank you continueing to dodge my question which many others have asked. Why are these skins even be cosider to be legacy? They are not harrowing skins. They are not holiday skins. They are 3 skins based on location, just like every other skin based on location.

We weren't sure what the player expectations and preferences would be around the Shadow Isles skins given the timing and design of the skins made them very similar to Harrowing skins. So rather than make an assumption, we decided to ask the players.

Dare Evans

10-23-2012

Ugh. Why even ask the players? Why would anyone want skins to be limited time only? Now I'm going to be not buying the Shadow Isle skins at all, instead of getting them later. Kinda lame.

PJ FlyingFallus

10-23-2012

hahahah hell yea
butthurt permanent fans in the morning
nice way to start the day

Yoga Pants OP

10-23-2012

Quote:
Dare Evans:
Ugh. Why even ask the players? Why would anyone want skins to be limited time only? Now I'm going to be not buying the Shadow Isle skins at all, instead of getting them later. Kinda lame.

because us as the "players" have the money to buy the skins and a majority would rather buy legacy over perma skins idk why release shadow isle at the same time as harrowing and not expect people to want them to be holiday legacy skins

Falleth

10-23-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
We weren't sure what the player expectations and preferences would be around the Shadow Isles skins given the timing and design of the skins made them very similar to Harrowing skins. So rather than make an assumption, we decided to ask the players.

It sucks you asked really minimal amount of people, in comparison to the whole playerbase (9k vs 32 million, wtf?), if they want them legacy.

I would pick underworld TF after a while, but now I don't have cash to spare. GG Riot

Dare Evans

10-23-2012

Quote:
Yoga Pants OP:
because us as the "players" have the money to buy the skins and a majority would rather buy legacy over perma skins idk why release shadow isle at the same time as harrowing and not expect people to want them to be holiday legacy skins

So you'd rather buy the skins because they're limited? Why? There's a set of those coming out anyway, why make another set limited as well? It's a great way to lose sales.

FrankyCentaur

10-23-2012

We all know that these skins were actually Harrowing skins- the right decisions was made.

Struggler9996

10-23-2012

Awesome. I'll proudly use my new headless Hecarim skin once it's available.