How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaddar

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSmashKeyboard View Post
They were considered to be legacy because of the precedent set by the previous Harrowing skins. However for seasonal skins this year, albeit one, it has remained permanent. There is a precedent for both, and as neither decision was announced or stated as such, there is no way to determined what the original intention was.

Again, they aren't using the same "legacy model" in the past three Harrowings. Legacy is exclusive to this year.

I see a discussion about both sides, one to make them permanent and one to make them legacy. It's not quite as "logical" as you think.
2011 was also legacy.

and sigh, yes, there are multiple indicators to determine what the original intention was.. but I guess if you can't see the obvious within the statements and the actions (and the skin themselves) I guess I won't be able to explain them and show them to you.

LSmashKeyboard

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaddar View Post
1.- yeah that is the main issue, we put a value on the limited status of the skins and you think aviability is more important... but hey, there are a dozen more skins each year that are aviable to all as oposed to a few legacy skins per year, most of the year you are having your way, it is fair that twice in a year we get ours.

2.- Yeah, I do think there were some mistakes in all this that are Riot's fault (dividing the skins into two categories, not knowing how or when or in which terms to advertise them, etc) - but I do think making a second poll after the first one was inconclusive is the correct approach - and now we are nearly the same number of votes in two options that the first poll had in four, so it is quite fair.
If you want to put additional value on something that doesn't need it, we could always make the names of older skins green and add a "Vintage" sticker to them. I hear that makes things instantly more valuable without actually doing anything.

"You get your way, we get our way". It's not about a way, it's about what's healthy for the community. Inflicting exclusiveness isn't healthy especially when we have a chance to get rid of it.

XElement

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyCentaur View Post
My biggest concern is how little the 40% permanent side cares about the other side.
I feel like Legacy is beyond the fairest agreement there could be. Seriously, both sides win.

The skins are no longer Limited Edition. The skins are no longer Permanent. The skins are Legacy, which means they are only in the store during the Harrowing and perhaps future Harrowings- and the skins can come back!

Essentially, the skins keep the fact that they are unique to the holiday and to the players who purchased them during it, so they STAY SPECIAL. And at the same time, they can still be purchased at a LATER DATE!

This way, everyone wins!!!! Why are people still complaining?
I don't know.
I slightly feel some are just trolls.
Mostly because one guy calls me mentally challenge for using an Xmas skin being sold in march made no sense. They said that is off topic from rather SI skins should be legacy or not.

But yet the entire time he was arguing that legacy skins in general shouldn't be allowed and they should all be permanent.
So I think some are just trolling?
Idk, I fail to see how he can call me retarded for using an example and saying it is off topic from the thread's title when he was posting for like 25+ pages about all skins in general, not just SI skins.

But you are right. It is odd that they are arguing. Since, as you stated...they have a strong chance coming back next year. So if players do miss it or just don't have money...they get another year. I just hope only the good players get the chance (hippalus stated that this might be a way for some people to get these skins, or mabye they would come back no matter what, or a smaller chance...not at all)

LSmashKeyboard

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaddar View Post
2011 was also legacy.

and sigh, yes, there are multiple indicators to determine what the original intention was.. but I guess if you can't see the obvious within the statements and the actions I guess I won't be able to explain them and show them to you.
Maybe they're not as obvious as you want them to be.

But it doesn't matter, because it's not there.

Maybe if I put on my tinfoil hat... But I left that in the Steam forums.

Eletale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

You WILL recieve some backlash, but limited hollyday skins is the way things work. Though I hate myself for saying that since I LOVE Silent Night Sona.

XElement

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSmashKeyboard View Post
If you want to put additional value on something that doesn't need it, we could always make the names of older skins green and add a "Vintage" sticker to them. I hear that makes things instantly more valuable without actually doing anything.

"You get your way, we get our way". It's not about a way, it's about what's healthy for the community. Inflicting exclusiveness isn't healthy especially when we have a chance to get rid of it.
But 60% don't want to get rid of it.
They are voting FOR IT.

LSmashKeyboard

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
that is YOUR opinion.
Just because you feel like Legacy is bad doesn't mean it is.
I mean, that isn't even an argument.

"60% voted for the skin to be legacy, not that it was good"
That makes zero sense, why would they even vote for it then if they felt it was a bad thing?
Then you go and say "yes legacy is bad".

Obviously you just aren't happy with the results.
Because if somethign was bad why would they vote for it?
Let me guess you'll say "because they have the minds of a 5yr old"?
No.

You are going about this all wrong.

The vote had nothing to do with good or bad. You're making it have something to do with good or bad when it doesn't.

And yeah, selfish children minds of five year olds, you got me.

XElement

10-22-2012

Also...is there a reason why one dude who is strongly supporting "remove legacy skins and make all skins permanent" keeps posting?

We get one, then he leaves and another takes his spot.
This is happening 3 times now.
i am seriously getting the impression at least 2 might be the same account since literally, the moment one of them stops positng a new one takes their place.

LSmashKeyboard

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
But 60% don't want to get rid of it.
They are voting FOR IT.
Yeah, it's sad isn't it?

Altonious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyCentaur View Post
My biggest concern is how little the 40% permanent side cares about the other side.
I feel like Legacy is beyond the fairest agreement there could be. Seriously, both sides win.

The skins are no longer Limited Edition. The skins are no longer Permanent. The skins are Legacy, which means they are only in the store during the Harrowing and perhaps future Harrowings- and the skins can come back!

Essentially, the skins keep the fact that they are unique to the holiday and to the players who purchased them during it, so they STAY SPECIAL. And at the same time, they can still be purchased at a LATER DATE!

This way, everyone wins!!!! Why are people still complaining?
except everyone does not win, what does the side voting for them to be permanent get while the legacy side gets everything they asked for. Sure the skins are legacy and not limited like in the past but straight from the OP they are simply 'eligible for return in the future'. In no way does that mean that they will ever return and based on the past record of legacy skins, only one of which has ever been back(Shamrock Malphite, which i believe was just due to laziness on riots end), i dont think they will.