Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

• The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5878 60.19%
• The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3888 39.81%
Voters 9766 .

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited – Legacy or Permanent?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

10-22-2012

Quote:
TokyoMew:
Not sueing you because you're poor, I just don't want to see Halloween skins become permanent. People are arguing their Shadow Isles skins, Underworld TF has a spectral hand, that symbolizes Halloween. Headless Hecarim is obviously Halloween themed, and Haunted Maokai is kind of iffy since he's Haunted but the skin matches his lore so I don't really care what happens to him. But the previous two are obviously Halloween skins.

All of that could fit a dark fantasy setting too that doesn't need to have a Halloween storyline.

SrFreakLord

10-22-2012

As long as they stay for atleast a week or so it should be ok =D

monkeysauce123

10-22-2012

Legacccccy or feed

DragonsBloodQ

10-22-2012

Quote:
TokyoMew:
Not sueing you because you're poor, I just don't want to see Halloween skins become permanent. People are arguing their Shadow Isles skins, Underworld TF has a spectral hand, that symbolizes Halloween. Headless Hecarim is obviously Halloween themed, and Haunted Maokai is kind of iffy since he's Haunted but the skin matches his lore so I don't really care what happens to him. But the previous two are obviously Halloween skins.

This logic fails to provide sufficient evidence in my eyes. Yes, the Shadow Isles are "Halloween-y". But they're being released for the new TT. They are only related to the holiday of Halloween due to their release coinciding with it, which then comes down to them looking haunted and such. The Shadow Isles are haunted all year round. I doubt Ryze will be dressing up like a pirate come February.

Mufasafied

Recruiter

10-22-2012

legacy is winning on all 3 forums for those wondering.

DoozleDorf

10-22-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
This is a follow up to the poll a couple days ago on Shadow Isles and Harrowing skins. Based on the evolving results since the first poll was called final, we have taken steps this weekend to ensure we can make a last minute change to the skin plan if the results warrant.

We have decided to repost a simpler version of the poll to address only the question that is now inconclusive from the first poll. Should the Shadow Isle skins stay in the store after the Harrowing holiday? The skins in question are:

Headless Hecarim
Haunted Maokai
Underworld Twisted Fate

The poll will be posted on NA, EUW and EUNE and the results will be tabulated at the end of Monday.

It's (was when you posted this) 2am Hipp, get some sleep

Firlyean

10-22-2012

Quote:
King Merp:
Wrong. Look it up. The setting of the story takes place in October and the reason a pumpkin in particular is used as his head is because it is a commonly used seasonal decoration (like as in Halloween). Even in the actual present day town of Sleepy Hollow, the story is celebrated as a Halloween tale. Look it up.
"A not-for-profit organization Historic Hudson Valley[21] has held since 1996 Legend Weekend at Philipsburg Manor, Sleepy Hollow, New York, featuring a rider portraying the Headless Horseman, and a storyteller retelling The Legend of Sleepy Hollow as a historic celebration attended by thousands annually before Halloween".

Headless Hecarim IS based off of a Halloween tale and SHOULD BE a legacy skin.

Legend of Sleepy Hollow is NOT a Halloween story, people read it on Halloween only because it's a ghost story. Nothing in the book indicates that it takes place on Halloween night or has any association with it. It's just a regular ghost story. Ghosts =/= Halloween

Fox P McCloud

10-22-2012

Given that the new version of TT is not limited and is based on the Shadow Isles, I think it's only logical for these skins to be around permanently.

Potato404

10-22-2012

i dont understand why they would be legacy is this patch going away?
were the Chinese themed skins legacy ya know the lee/sona/talon ones?

Cytus

Recruiter

10-22-2012

Quote:
DragonsBloodQ:
This logic fails to provide sufficient evidence in my eyes. Yes, the Shadow Isles are "Halloween-y". But they're being released for the new TT. They are only related to the holiday of Halloween due to their release coinciding with it, which then comes down to them looking haunted and such. The Shadow Isles are haunted all year round. I doubt Ryze will be dressing up like a pirate come February.
Pirate Ryze could be permanent for all I care, nobody asked for more holiday Ryze skins with no particle changes. Honestly, out of the 6 skins they made Pirate Ryze is at the bottom of the list in terms of quality and desired among players.