How long should the three Shadow Isles skins stay in the store?

The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store for the Harrowing event only. 5,878 60.19%
The three Shadow Isles skins should be in the store permanently. 3,888 39.81%
Voters: 9766. You may not vote on this poll

Shadow Isles Skin Poll Revisited Legacy or Permanent?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaddar

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method512 View Post
This isn't youtube.

well played dude xD

Locro

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The 2011 Harrowing skins were sold as Limited Edition and thus are ineligible to come back into the store. We have been working on a possible trading system for Limited Edition skins but there are many hurdles and it is unlikely to be available any time soon.
That's fantastic, is it going to work something like this thread?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2697614

Seungsei

10-22-2012

Prediction: Hecarim goes fotm and everyone cries that the headless horseman skin got him nerfed.

Retsopmi

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaddar View Post
well, just don't buy the skins... (or do you really want them?)

I mean by your logic, if you are voting Permanent is because if others have them.. you want to be able to have them as well? - that would be the EXACT same thing you are trying to attack.
Actually no, but nice attempt at trying to flip logic.

Making them permanent gives the option for ALL players to buy them. Regardless of current money, day they started playing, and a number of other limiting factors.

I've already said that there are skins I want. I will buy them regardless of the out come of this. Because I buy what I like. That doesn't mean I inherently feel the need to limit others who aren't as fortunate.

Should ask yourself the question I posed earlier. Why does it matter to you if others have the skins down the road?

XElement

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteFourWolfie View Post
The way I see it, if the new TT is going to be permanent, why shouldn't the new skins, too?
Because the skins are being released as a celebration for the map.
It is an event for the new map.
Plus, it isn't that shocking that you have those three skins come out the same time as halloween and have halloween traits in them.

Plus, the fact they were originally suppose to be Legacy.
So they are somewhat Halloween skins, just they are held in honor of the SI map release.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

People saying

Shadow Isles =/= Halloween

Search Headless Hecarim in General Discussion and see the massive amount of threads created months ago begging Riot to make this one of this years....
HALLOWEEN SKINS

XElement

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsopmi View Post

Making them permanent gives the option for ALL players to buy them. Regardless of current money, day they started playing, and a number of other limiting factors.

I've already said that there are skins I want. I will buy them regardless of the out come of this. Because I buy what I like. That doesn't mean I inherently feel the need to limit others who aren't as fortunate.

Should ask yourself the question I posed earlier. Why does it matter to you if others have the skins down the road?
Alright here.
Just so you know and understand that this will never happen.
Go make a thread, or ask a red to. Make it a poll.

Ask would the players who bought previous Legacy/Limited skins would be alright with them being on sale again.
Watch what happens. it will be destroyed by downvotes. Players buy these skins just because they will not have another chance.

because, if all holiday skins are now premanent then only fair the previous ones are too with your logic.

Seungsei

10-22-2012

Marketing requires sheep and has to be a good shepherd to succeed.

Trueflight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Legacy!

Reece42

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsopmi View Post

That is boring.
Seriously, that is super boring.
We cannot have a few skins that are special and limited? What is wrong with a FEW being special?

If every skin was on sale, then none would be special.
The fact that holiday skins don't show back up is what makes them special. Players want them because they know this is their only chance of getting them back.
Now if they were always on sale, less would buy them right away...because they aren't special. Sure, if you main that champion, you'll buy it. But, if you didn't you wouldn't bother buying it.
With them being special, tons of players buy them even if they dont play the champion, because they cannot get the skin again.

Again, if every skin was pernament, then none of them would be special besides Legendary ones. That is boring. Where is the thrill of seeing a skin then? Seeing an limited time skin in the same match is fun! Owning a skin that is limited is fun! Seeing new limited skins are fun, I don't own Brand but I thought it was cool seeing his Harrowing skin.