A Road Less Traveled. (Accepting Players)

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eredaar

10-23-2012

Exasperated, Aochi stared at innkeeper in disbelief. Despite his annoyance, he resisted the urge to complain, and wandered back to his horse. He then wandered around the town, looking for a place to stay. Despite the money he offered, he was rejected at any homes he came to. Deciding to just set up camp, Aochi returned to a clearing he had found,near the inn. He quickly erected a tent, and went to sleep

(( I can add the link and a bit more once I get on my computer EDIT it is okay for him to not be right on the scene anymore correct?))

Necromonger

10-23-2012

Hilde's Journal

Many minutes pass and nothing changes. The people remain irritated and without warm shelter. I feel it will be another night of sleeping under the stars.

Far off in the distance I can hear Isabella neigh loudly, which could only mean some kind of irritation on her part. I walked towards my steed to see some kind of unkempt man in a coat and with a hat. His mannerisms presume some sort of physical oddity, but I take no chances. I approached with spear in hand, but chose only to hold it at parade-rest, to appear non-threatening.

"Sir, you startled my steed. I ask you step away." I said, my manner rather rougher than usual, due to the fatigue. I would only notice a moment later that Isabella made an attempt to defend herself. I may be liable for negligence as well.

NullAurelian

10-23-2012

Geod tried to calm down what seemed to be a now very annoyed horse. At least it didn't kick him in the head like most horses would have done in this ... peculiar situation.
Then he heard a woman's voice behind him - he hadn't heard anybody approaching in any direction. Almost instantly, he jerked up and spun around at a parade form, hand rising smartly for a salute, completely belaying his appearance. And then he remembered he was a civilian now, and that the Rune Wars and Ionian campaign were long past. Relaxing a bit, he instead performed a quick bow in greeting - old habits die hard.

"Sorry about disturbing your horse. I er, tripped and his tail was the first thing I could grab. I'll pay for any harm I've caused by this."

And with that, the metal staff promptly falls into it's component pieces, letting Geod fall flat on his face this time. Though muffled a bit by dirt and mud, he can still be heard, barely.

"... Ow. Name is Geod Aurelian by the way.... Nice to meet you I suppose..."

Necromonger

10-23-2012

It seemed I was mistaken, and my overly cautious nature had dulled my ability to socialize with folk. He seemed harmless enough. The spear collapses into its portable size and is once again tied to my belt.

"Isabella is no stallion. She is a mare, a lady horse. And a lady does not like to be touched suddenly by strangers."

The man acts the part of the fool it seems, which meant he was hiding many things. I have dealt with those before. I come over, as is my habit and nature, to help him up, my hands still wearing the gauntlets of my order, my lengthy hair I'd forgotten to tie and obscuring my vision.

"Let me help you up then, at least. No harm done on either of you. I am Hilde, another unlucky traveler like yourself."

Grand Viper

10-23-2012

Jurante looked over at the commotion of the horse, bursting out in laughter. He looked at the woman with the tricorn and smiled broadly, "I'm Jurante 'Quick Hands' Caedo, milady. And you say your stuff is in your room?"

The pirate pointed at the inn, "Show me the window. I can probably scale the building and break in, old habits die hard, y'know? I can get yer stuff back...probably. I won't nick anythin' either, I swear."

Jurante unsheathed his raiper and held the pommel out to her. She would notice a strange trigger near where the handle ended and the blade connected. A strange flintlock contraption seemed to be aimed along the blood channel of the sword. "My favorite bIade. I don't go anywhere with out, t'show you m'word."

Neroth

10-24-2012

Zear noticed the arousing calming down, and realized he cannot find out anything else from just standing around.
Thus, he decided to go question for information - the inkeeper did not seem as he would talk, therefore, after pulling his hood a little and making sure it is still covering his face, he approached the crowd, keen on getting his answers.
He sensed stints of magic - possibly enchantments - from a man nearby, and as he disliked dealing with anyone who uses magic, he approached another group instead - a woman in soldier - like armor with a sword on her side, and a man with distinct pirate look.
As he never was into social manners, he simply walked up and asked:

"Can you tell me what is going on in here?"

Cpt Suicide

10-24-2012

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/132

Galvor saw the Innkeeper strike the man to floor. Quite a violent reaction if I do say so myself.

Galvor's pack was still in his room. Nothing he couldn't live without, with the exception of his city map.
I don't want to start anything by forcing my way...But now I'm probably going to get lost in the morning

Galvor headed outside to make camp, but spotted a small group of people from the inn(He guessed) standing by a horse. He weighed the pros and cons of meeting and speaking with them.

I hate inserting myself into their conversation, but I really need to find somebody who knows their way around.

He gingerly walks up to the group, "Ehrm.. Do any of you know your way about town? My map is stuck in my room at the inn."

Farnbil

10-24-2012

The soldier's face slipped more and more into worry as the pirate proposed his plan of action. "No no don't!" she stammers passively. "Please, I don't want you getting hurt! You're...you're drunk, your're out of your head. Don't try it. And besides, I...

She trails off at the sight of his rapier and leans tenderly in to examine it, lingering for a several seconds. "Woah. I, I take your word for sure! That is a magnificent weapon! I've only seen these in books! Where did you get it!? I have to...!"

But moments later, the soldier snaps back into a tired, distant vigilance and rests her voice for a while. "Sorry. My name is Amatea, wandering blacksmith. And I don't do shady business."

Arrakasta

10-24-2012

((Sorry for OOC post, I want to join, but it's already late where I live, can I join/edit this tomorrow with my ICpost?))

NullAurelian

10-24-2012

"Well met, ma'am, and thank you. Aye, we're both unlucky for coming to town at a bad time - and the weather does not look nice at all. You have any idea what could be going on at the inn? I saw a crowd that did not look pleased."

Geod dusts himself off as best as he could and picked up the disassembled staff by the mid section, letting the other three sections dangle freely. He quickly folded up the contraption and stuck it in the courier bag. Looking up, he notices a new arrival coming from the crowd.

Quote:
"Ehrm.. Do any of you know your way about town? My map is stuck in my room at the inn."
"Sorry, but I'm completely new to the area. I doubt that I would know the town any better than you would. I can't speak for the lady, but I can say I would be the worst guide you could ask for. By the way, I don't know your name - mine is Geod. You wouldn't happen to know what is going on at the inn, would you?"

1234567 ... 8