Ask Xerath

1234511 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Morgana FA

10-21-2012

((Oh hai der. I'm here to add Xerath to the list of champion RP'ers. I'm surprised there isn't an Ask Xerath yet.))

Xerath floats out into a large circular room,"Greetings Summoners and champions alike. It is I, the all powerful Xerarth have finally left my chambers to entertain you for the time.Should you request to know anything about me or what I do, now is the time to ask before the power here is drained completely."

Xerath's lightning body turns red as the lighting around the room darkens,"Be for warned, should your questions anger or confuse me, you shale feel the wrath of the Magus Ascendant. Even the weak powers of your elder summoners can't save you from me, so think twice before you try anything."

Lighting returns to normal, and Xerath returns back to his light blue form, "Now speak young mortals. What is it you wish to know about me or my magics?"

For those who care, here's the Profile of this verson of Xerath: Here

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

((There has been an Ask Xerath, but it's been so long that he's been forgotten.))

Ask Morgana FA

10-21-2012

((Well if he comes back I'll gladly hand it back over.))

Ask the Herald

10-21-2012

{{ We HAD a Xerath, but he resigned. Welcome new Magus Ascendant. Try not to let the drama get to you. }}

MathyXFTW

10-21-2012

Mathais wanders in, more or less unabashed by the crackling of magics all around him. Watching the Magus Ascendant, he tilts his head ever so slightly, watching him. He speaks, his voice sounding very hoarse.

Xerath. You yourself are a living conduit of magical energy incarnate, a mere by-product of the power you so sought to control... and I say that with the utmost respect. In having this knowledge... I would be curious if you bestow upon me a mere portion of this knowledge.

Clearing his throat briefly, he continues, managing to get the frog out. Or whatever that blasted noise was.

What do you know of binding runes to a weapon? Say, a blade, for example.

And Mathais presents such a blade, laid out across his palms and partially wrapped in a brown cloth.

... I have my reasons for asking.

Ask Morgana FA

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathyXFTW View Post
Xerath. You yourself are a living conduit of magical energy incarnate, a mere by-product of the power you so sought to control... and I say that with the utmost respect. In having this knowledge... I would be curious if you bestow upon me a mere portion of this knowledge.

What do you know of binding runes to a weapon? Say, a blade, for example.

... I have my reasons for asking.
Xerath chuckles slightly at Mathais,"Well I admire your respect, but also expected it as much."

Xerath turns his gaze towards the sword in question, "While I am knowledgeable in rune's magics, I believe binding such magic to weak mortal weapons would be nothing more than a waste. Why use magic to 'buff' a weapon when you could control the magic itself to do what steel could do, and cleaner."

MathyXFTW

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Magus View Post
Xerath chuckles slightly at Mathis,"Well I admire your respect, but also expected it as much."

Xerath turns his gaze towards the sword in question, "While I am knowledgeable in rune's magics, I believe binding such magic to weak mortal weapons would be nothing more than a waste. Why use magic to 'buff' a weapon when you could control the magic itself to do what steel could do, and cleaner."
At the suggestion Xerath makes to harness the powers of the magic of old, something seems to sort of change in his face. He seems almost offended by the idea, even as slight a suggestion it had been.

I have my reasons for not wanting to delve into the possibilities magic offers, however endless they are.

Looking once more to the Magus, he softens a bit, his anger swept away by a somber expression.

Needless to say, you are not the first man to be driven to the precipice of demise by the works of magic... I do not intend to go down a similar path. But I will use the advancements it creates. Some may call this hypocrisy... I call it remaining sane.

Ask Morgana FA

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathyXFTW View Post
I have my reasons for not wanting to delve into the possibilities magic offers, however endless they are.

Needless to say, you are not the first man to be driven to the precipice of demise by the works of magic... I do not intend to go down a similar path. But I will use the advancements it creates. Some may call this hypocrisy... I call it remaining sane.
Xerath stares at Mathais with as much of a disappointed look as he could show, "So be it. Sanity is but a point of view, and not embracing such power would be my version of insane."

"As for the previous question, if you wish to harness rune power, you must first know what the rune can do, and how to unlock its power. Only then could you hope to bind it to any object of interest."

MathyXFTW

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Magus View Post
Xerath stares at Mathais with as much of a disappointed look as he could show, "So be it. Sanity is but a point of view, and not embracing such power would be my version of insane."

"As for the previous question, if you wish to harness rune power, you must first know what the rune can do, and how to unlock its power. Only then could you hope to bind it to any object of interest."
So I'd need to present it to one such as you and have its uses determined that way.

Mathais seems thoughtful for a moment, nodding to himself. It was reasonable enough.

Very well. If it's alright, I'd like to seek an audience with you at a later date, once I've finished... an excavation of sorts. Until then.

He takes his leave after giving Xerath an appreciative nod.

My thanks.

Ask Morgana FA

10-22-2012

Xerath awakes from his meditation, "Hmm, no questions for me? Is this truly the best you mortals have to offer? I knew my powers were not worth wasting on such fruitful tasks such as this."

1234511 ... 33