There will never be a champion of African descent in LoL.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whitewind617

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRunk3n DuCk View Post
Riot cant make an african champ for a lot of reasons. 1. It will be hard to make a champ of african decent without using stereotypes that will offend black people. 2. The general lore might offend black people. 3. Theres no way riot will please the black community on this game.4. No one will buy the champ unless hes crazy overpowered(look at black barbies black wow champs anything that has a choice to be black). 5. Why care so much about skin color?!? Ryze is openly black and so is 5th age taric(if you argue they arent look point 1). If you think that those two champ resemble an african champ then what youre looking for is a big lipped nappy head? Or what?
Woooooooooooow. Just wow. Didn't know something like the above could even be said in a serious manner. But it happened.

dRunk3n DuCk

10-28-2012

^exactly it would be cool to see a voodoo champ though.

Eledrial

10-28-2012

I can't believe people ***** about racism and sexism in a fantasy game. Do you guys get offended when you read a book and there isn't a black person in it? It's kind of sad.

dRunk3n DuCk

10-28-2012

Whats wrong with the truth i dont get it???? Reality is its a touchy subkect to incorparate an african champ without certain people feeling offended in some wacky way.

Snakeblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

This is hilarious. I love all the people who are upset at the facts. Its not a hard concept to understand that there is no where on the map of valoran that would produce a "black" champion. Generally the best you can expect is someone from the desert who is dark toned and just as equally different from whites as a black champ would be except in this case being malzahar hes much more arabian if compared to reality. Its simple and maintains a line for lore crossing the screaming of a few peoples wants.

Whitewind617

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRunk3n DuCk View Post
Whats wrong with the truth i dont get it???? Reality is its a touchy subkect to incorparate an african champ without certain people feeling offended in some wacky way.
Lol the problem is that you sir, are a racist.

dRunk3n DuCk

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Arutha View Post
I can't believe people ***** about racism and sexism in a fantasy game. Do you guys get offended when you read a book and there isn't a black person in it? It's kind of sad.
Yes yes they do or better yet when one dies in a movie(hunger games) "why was she black the book said she was dark never said she was african!!"

dRunk3n DuCk

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewind617 View Post
Lol the problem is that you sir, are a racist.
How am i racist? I happen to be of ethnic decent and I have absolutly nothing wrong with amy race or gender or sexual preference/descent. I have a problem with people bringing race as an issue in a game, dont bring politics/religion/ any real world issues to a fantasy based game. You sir are a tard

Enrayged

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsz View Post
Are you really that oblivious?

Im waiting, show me a minority that works at Riot that holds a non bs job.

Why do most of the white champions in this game represent European descent?

Thats fine, the lore doesn't have to say African but there needs to be a champion that African Americans can identify with, how is it fair white people can identify with 80+ champions?

This is actually pretty simple and common sense, if you disagree you most likely are racist or don't care because it does not affect you.
I'm as white as sour cream and identify bum-diddily squat with any of the white champions in the game.

Am I a Viking? Nope. Am I a hard-drinking giant dwarf? Nah. Am I a gun-slinger? A card shark? No, and no. (For that matter, the characters that I'm most drawn to aren't even human... I certainly don't indentify with a talking fish or a polar bear... Speaking of which, polar bears have black skin, just saying.)

And, let's be honest here - the skin color of characters in a game doesn't effect ANY ONE therefor, no one should care. If every single character were black, I would still play - who cares if I don't "identify" with any of the characters? I enjoy playing them.

Eserine

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Arutha View Post
If it is a book about Earth then there are black people in it, living away from the characters as an assumed certainty in other areas. If it is a book about an entire idealized universe crafted specially just to contain ONLY light-skinned people with no explanation why beyond demented societal conventions of attractiveness formed from the worst part of the 20th century, then I am indeed bothered, because that doesn't make any sense as a justifiable creative decision.