There will never be a champion of African descent in LoL.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dRunk3n DuCk

10-28-2012

Riot cant make an african champ for a lot of reasons. 1. It will be hard to make a champ of african decent without using stereotypes that will offend black people. 2. The general lore might offend black people. 3. Theres no way riot will please the black community on this game.4. No one will buy the champ unless hes crazy overpowered(look at black barbies black wow champs anything that has a choice to be black). 5. Why care so much about skin color?!? Ryze is openly black and so is 5th age taric(if you argue they arent look point 1). If you think that those two champ resemble an african champ then what youre looking for is a big lipped nappy head? Or what?

Knife Kitty GG

10-28-2012

^ Racsim in our generation.

dRunk3n DuCk

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookoutnoob View Post
^ Racsim in our generation.
Not really. Skin tone is what it should be left at not I WANT an african champ. It shouldn matter right? If they make a skin of mf with a black skin tone and a garem thays black thats good enough right? Putting emphasis on race in a GAME clearly means you have too much time on your hands. If they come out with a dark faced warrior then people should stfu BUT guess what? They wont theyll cry about something(too stererotypical not enough basis on his culture doesnt look african/hispanic/hindu enough)

qeath

10-28-2012

to my knowledge the reason riot needs to make a black champ is because we're still in the early stages of breaking free of racism where we need to make companies and the media in general add token black people as a matter of course to the point where nobody even notices it then we can move on to the true freedom of being completely arbitrary. well this is silly when you look at it, it also makes a retarded kind of sense.

although it's hard to say when we've made the transition so maybe riot is just at the forefront of equality.

Mansa TChalla

10-28-2012

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Shurima_Desert

Doesn't need to be african, but they have the land for a dark skinned champion.

Amumu after all, was a pharaoh.

dRunk3n DuCk

10-28-2012

Yes because The shackles of racism still remain in the gaming world! Stand up my brothers and hold each others hands so we can break the walls of inequality down!!! As a matter a fact women are discriminated in this game because every female thats considered op gets nerfed to the ground right away.

L2P Mate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Karmaa u stupid fcukinh idiotds

dRunk3n DuCk

10-28-2012

Karma cant be black shes clearly of latin decent

Levgre

10-28-2012

But there just happens to be champs with features of various European Caucasians, and various Asians?

OP is dumb for thinking this game focuses on lore rather than focusing on player demographics.

Eserine

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2P Mate View Post
Karmaa u stupid fcukinh idiotds

From a member of the design team:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post

-We are aware that our game has no black characters. This is sub-optimal and something we hope to remedy. That said we can't just go out and make the "token black guy." Creating a black character for the sake of having a black character is NOT GOOD. We'd love to add more diversity to the game, but we aren't going to force it in. Gotta find something that works.

-Some ask: "What value would increased diversity add to LoL?" I respond: Many people like to play characters that they can they can relate to. It's fun to play a guy who you strongly feel is a cooler version of yourself.

Example: I love playing Ezreal because he's a skinny boyish white guy who likes to go exploring. His personality and physical appearance are pretty similar to my own. When PEARL aks PFE if he requires a map it's very easy for me to imagine that she's asking me personally. I then shout "NO" at the screen. That creates fun.
"something we hope to remedy" is a far thing from successfully gathering the acceptance of the whole company to go forward with a solution to this problem (Riot employees vote on whether to keep making a champion several times during its creation cycle). Likewise opponents in the company to addressing this problem could claim that any design is a "token", so the players must continue on writing on this subject forever perhaps.