Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A question regarding dominion score

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whippette

10-21-2012

So i never ever play dominion. I find it stressful and some champion are just so OP it's not even funny. But i played 2 today for fun and a question came out when i saw the scoreboard

As you can see in the image, i have the same number of turrets taken and def as annie.
I also have more kills, more assists, and 2 more death.

Why then am i fourth??

------------------------------------------------------------
I am also wondering is there any good dominion guide out there?
Everytime i play everything just happen so fast i can't even take the time to look at the map.
I also never know when to leave a point and when to stay and defend. It's really hard when you never play.

Thank guys!

Veni13

10-21-2012

Quote:
whippette:
So i never ever play dominion. I find it stressful and some champion are just so OP it's not even funny. But i played 2 today for fun and a question came out when i saw the scoreboard

As you can see in the image, i have the same number of turrets taken and def as annie.
I also have more kills, more assists, and 2 more death.

Why then am i fourth??

------------------------------------------------------------
I am also wondering is there any good dominion guide out there?
Everytime i play everything just happen so fast i can't even take the time to look at the map.
I also never know when to leave a point and when to stay and defend. It's really hard when you never play.

Thank guys!

First of all, welcome to Dominion.

One of the things about dominion you should know about, is that the score system on dominion is useless as a gauge for judging who did the best and who did the worst. So I would advise you to play to win (e.g. not double-capping when you're needed urgently elsewhere, distracting enemies to allow your team to cap, etc) rather than to play for the score. In a good team, everyone has their roles, and it doesn't matter if the tanks/supports/ bot laners don't end up #1.

Though if you're really interested, I'd think his score is higher because of more cap/neutralize assists, defense bonuses and so on. You don't see everything that gives points in the end-game screen.

Regarding a guide, Nekrogen has the best comprehensive guide for new players, check it out. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=17877990

Have fun, and good luck!

A single hat

10-21-2012

possibly martyr bonus or something similar. Don't trip out over the dominion score, just do what you need to do to win.

Purrs

10-21-2012

The score is actually very accurate in showing how useful everyone in the team was. My advice is look at your score points the entire game, learn how you are getting those points, you get them constantly, and you will see that the score truly shows who was the most beneficial to the team.

Phourc

10-21-2012

^ I would say the score is middling accurate at best in judging your contribution, the most I'd get from looking at your team's score is everyone contributed pretty well, with barely a 100 point difference between positions 1-4, and fiora was spent a lot of time dead (and possibly was bottom lane). If one player had 2,000 score and another had 500 I'd possibly call shenanigans, but as it stands annie probably died on point once or twice and cleared a few more creep waves than you.

FDru

10-21-2012

Quote:
Purrs:
The score is actually very accurate in showing how useful everyone in the team was. My advice is look at your score points the entire game, learn how you are getting those points, you get them constantly, and you will see that the score truly shows who was the most beneficial to the team.

Door is that way ->
Don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out.

Quote:
whippette:
Why then am i fourth??

Kill streaks are worth a lot of points, and so is dying on turrets. Your scores are barely different anyway.

HaIfhearted

10-22-2012

Good play tends to get screwed over by the scoring system.

The scoring system is so messed up I think it would be better if it were flat-out removed from the game entirely.
Too hard to make it good in all situations.

And there's no need to be an ass like that, FDru.
Even if he actually thinks that's how it really is, that sort of caustic language towards a post that was attempting to be informational isn't going to make you any friends.

FDru

10-22-2012

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
And there's no need to be an ass like that, FDru.
Even if he actually thinks that's how it really is, that sort of caustic language towards a post that was attempting to be informational isn't going to make you any friends.

Sorry, I thought this was a PvP game not a social networking application.

The guy was just trolling as far as I'm concerned. Nobody can be that dumb unless it's on purpose.

Tempestphile

10-22-2012

Hi there

first advice, score = noob trap

in your case, the guy probably sat under a turret AFK or happen to did kills around the tower / died around the tower (kill on points / matyr)
or simply he had more triple kills + or ace, or ate more health packs etc.

DiscworldDeath

10-22-2012

Quote:
FDru:
Sorry, I thought this was a PvP game not a social networking application.

The guy was just trolling as far as I'm concerned. Nobody can be that dumb unless it's on purpose.

LoL is a PvP (or PvE if you play versus bots) game.

This is the LoL Forum. This IS a social networking hub, about the game, but still - social networking hub.