Speculation on Hecarim

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fuq u

10-24-2012

Maybe.... he was alive before the shadow isles got so twisted. I agree that possibly he was a gallant knight. Possibly a knight of the Lady in the East Altar? haha Everything was peaceful and nice.... Until the King in the West Altar became corrupted and, in the process of attempting to gain power, cursed the Shadow Isles along with the inhabitants who lived there, Including Hecarim and Mordekaiser. If you notice, the man in the West Altar seems like a terrible man who urges the Shadow Isles to create more destruction. Yeah... just a thought.... PRE CORRUPTION HECARIM SKIN ANYONE? Maybe Hecarim in a standard Knight's armor? DD

Edit: Just a thought... Maybe in their past lives, Hecarim was closer to the queen and Mordekaiser was like the kings best warrior? As they each seem closer to their respective commentator.

Kwatie

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGod22 View Post
Why does it matter what the spectre lady altar says and not the other one who tells him to butcher everything?

Hecarim is not good nor evil, he is just a puppet, a tool to be used by whoever leads the undead on the Shadow Isles.
While you make a valid point you also have to take into account the context of which the Altar spirits speak in, for example the Lady of the West speaks in a context more related to the past, which we've speculated to be when Hecarim was different, and possibly good, whilst the Lord of the East speak in a more present form, encouraging Hecarim to go butcher NOW, which, Hecarim in his current state is, evil. Then there is also the questionable age on both spirits, for example, the Lady might have been long before the Lord and known Hecarim pre his corruption, whilst the Lord could have been post-corruption or in the middle of the Shadow civil war.

Lots and lots of speculation here of course but still, it would be interesting to see if Riot built off this.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

10-25-2012

I read everyone's posts so far. Very good ideas, all around!

I think that the two altars lend insight to the man that he once was, and to the force that he is now.

Zyorhist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Just a thought...has anyone tried to get other interactions out of karthas, elise, yorik etc...especially with morde and hec on map??

Garnet

10-26-2012

I LOVE all this lore speculation on Hecarim. It just makes me love him even more and gives me the chills.

Leotamer

10-26-2012

I feel like the shadow isles are up to something, but I don't think their evil. If it is true that the shadow isle is the "underworld" of runeterra, then in theory, it is apart of the world naturally. (Their is probably a second after-life, but those who can't pass on go to the isles.) Right now their the guy in the corner who you don't know if their plotting your death, or trying to do something else less, evil.

Demonik187

10-29-2012

The forces of the Shadow Isles and it's champions want nothing more than to kill the living and add them to the legion of undead. Hecarim is a General in that army. If there was anything good in him, it has long since died.

M3TASH33P

10-29-2012

I feel like maybe hecarim is now working for mordekaiser, like a general of mordekaisers army or something and the west altar is warning him not to trust him while the east one is trying to encourage hecarim to use his new powers for death.

Doomsman

10-29-2012

Chances are the shadow isle champions (at least hecarim and morde) are high ranking members of the "king"s army. Hecarim + Morde would be commanders of said army with Karthus as possibly an advisor or strategist of some sort. The army would be split between Hecarim and Morde due to some reason not revealed yet. Kind of makes sense with the quote that neither Hecarim or Morde can trust each other.

Dirty Fox

10-30-2012

Older, perhaps, than Skarner? Intriguing....