Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking For Season 3 Mid (Mage) Mentor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerocaliber

Recruiter

10-21-2012

Hello,

I am Zerocaliber and I am a gold player right now. I am good, but I could and want to want to be better. I want to be good enough to make it to diamond. I want to be able to lead a team to victory. To be able to call out objectives at the right time, gank at the right time, pick the right hero to counter the enemy, etc. Please, if any of you already diamond players are not busy, would you be willing to help mentor me come S3 so that I can play the best I possibly can? I will listen to every word you say and I won't let my own preconceived notions and ideas about the game stop me from listening to you.

The only thing I ask is that you be patient and tell me what I am doing wrong, not criticize me for it. It will take me a bit to get the hang of things and I can be slow sometimes, so criticizing me or saying negative things will only make me less capable. Don't get me wrong, you tell me what mistake I made and I will fix it.

Please add me if you would be willing. Thank you.

Zerocaliber

Recruiter

10-21-2012

Bump.

Zerocaliber

Recruiter

10-21-2012

Up

Veeo

10-21-2012

While you're waiting for a Diamond player to come help you, maybe you can help me get to silver. ='(

I main mid, love mid, and generally speaking, I do well.

Like you, I am constantly seeking to get better, but I feel as though I've hit my skill ceiling. Having a mentor show me new things about how I'm playing, and giving me advice about what I can do to get better would be great.

Doctor Swole

10-21-2012

are you a girl with C cup breasts living in the greater toronto area? if so i can give you some private lessons

Zerocaliber

Recruiter

10-21-2012

Quote:
Doctor Swole:
are you a girl with C cup breasts living in the greater toronto area? if so i can give you some private lessons

Haha. If only. Then maybe I could also get a Nidalee skin. ;P

Quote:
Veeo:
While you're waiting for a Diamond player to come help you, maybe you can help me get to silver. ='(

I sent you an add, but I don't know how much help I can be.

Zamiel The Grey

10-21-2012

Not a diamond player. Just a note that your attitude is of a breed of intelligent people very uncommon. If you do not reach diamond (which you will if you continue this effort), be happy to know you will go places in life by applying this same philosophy.

I myself have been lucky enough to have a diamond irl friend who has thousands of singed games under his belt to get some help from haha

Good luck!

Kenji The Engi

10-21-2012

I will teach you my 900 ELO Kart build. (my elo is 945 i can teach you so much)

DarknightX

10-21-2012

Being able to call out objectives and lead the team requires map awareness, and natural talent. All I can say bro

Zerocaliber

Recruiter

10-21-2012

Quote:
DarknightX:
Being able to call out objectives and lead the team requires map awareness, and natural talent. All I can say bro

To some extent yes, but there will always be a portion of it that is learned through practice and knowledge of the game. Who counters who, when is the best time to do what, when the jungler finishes ganking, what items are the best to buy in the situation, etc.