Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slgrve

10-21-2012

I bought Karma a long time ago (maybe around level 10) but I wasn't very good with her so I switched champions. I recently came back to try her out again. Once I decided on a build for her (AP offtank) and not go support, I have been doing really well with her. I have carried my team many times and even getting the most damage dealt on my team and a few times most overall!

Why is it that I can do so well with support but the ADCs can't seem to do anything?? I am annoyed at people for looking down on me for picking Karma and "stealing their farm." In the end I am usually the best one on my team or I help the only other good person on it.

I now need a few more champions to get to play ranked. Will my experience be better playing ranked? Or will there still be stupid people on my team and I can carry as support?

Skidochufada

10-21-2012

Part of the reason your ADC's can't seem to do anything is BECAUSE you steal their farm. An ADC with all of their CS taken will be behind items and negatively snowball behind.

Support is meant to function with 0 CS, and unfortunately, that isn't for Karma. Karma scales better with items than other supports, and in the current 0 CS meta, she's not very viable. The point of Support is to gimp yourself on gold, and still be as useful as possible.

In ranked, if you pick support Karma, take a bunch of CS, and try to carry, you will be looked down at. Karma is a more of a 5's character, and a team needs to be built around her.

And by the way, you can't look at "The best one" on the team in terms of who deals the most damage. If that was the case, Darius and LeBlanc would be perma-banned, and Alistar would be never picked, ever.

TheGrayBuffoon

10-21-2012

Karma does very well mid and I have watched 2000+ ELO games where she dominated mid, but she had the CS. Great champ and works well IF the team understands what she brings.

If you are going to play support, as Skidochufada rightly points out, your ADC needs that CS. You will have to run GP items but with significant changes coming this Season 3 all around and Karma's impending rework we'll have to stay tuned...

adc

10-21-2012

You're the type of person I despise playing with. AD carries are late game monsters. They don't do much damage before they get there items - stealing their CS won't make them get their items any faster.

Mich567

10-21-2012

What they said...
Just try playing Karma in another lane (mid), she really isn't meant for a pure support role. Make sure people understand her potential.

Slgrve

10-21-2012

That's just it. No one understands her except for a very select few. I don't take cs if I am laning with an ADC. They get mad when I gain cs defending turret when they are off healing. That is when they claim I am stealing their farm. If it isn't the ADC I'm laning with I just say like any other AP champ and I need cs too.

As for AD Bottom:
There is no reason I should have to defend a turret repeatedly with the ADC in the lane. I should be able to stand back and shield and heal when needed. Its when others fail I step up. I know people don't like Karma on their team and think she is good for nothing, that is why I let others try to command. They fail and that is when I force my hand and step out of the support role