First game review

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ramgoon

09-30-2010

Current Machine:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Running:
System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.4.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal

I tried out Sona for my first game. I had , instead of Sona with her funky instrument, Mr. Blue Screen greeting me on the loading process. Just like everybody else on Mac, my loading started out after pretty much about half of people were finished with theirs (still I beat like 1). Everything went alright - pretty much. I had some ingame choppy motions, but for most of the time, I had about 40~50 fps on all medium settings (during teamfights it went down to 35. Nothing big to notice).

I think the Riot team did a great job on porting League of Legends to Mac. Though it DEFINITELY NEEDS MORE WORK (My hardware spec's enough to play medium-high or all high in windows with over 50fps) I don't think it is a total failure - the team is getting there. All they need is a bit more work, a bit more time, and a bit more support.

Kudos to the Riot team, and let's hope that they'll pull something out of this.

Feyph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2010

Exact same problems with similar specs, thought it'd be more productive if i posted here instead of creating a new thread.
Also wondering, did you have mouse scroll problems?

OSUguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2010

Yup I basically have the same specs as him as well. In bootcamp windows on same machine I run all settings high except shadows and have a steady 35-40 frames and the game runs flawless. In the mac client I get around 20 frames with all the same setting my windows version has. As others have said my frame rates go down as the game progresses.
It becomes sluggish and non enjoyable for me late game. Hope all this can be fixed or back to windows it is

I know it can only get better as the windows client did. Keep up the great work.